Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Performance spotted w/ new wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
index.php
Take notice of the red underline on “dual motor” hinting at this is a performance model being tested. Also the first white one I’ve seen and looks to me as a new wheel design. Or, looks to be the wheel design from the red model 3 Prototype.

Attachments

• 871EBD91-FBD4-4209-9774-1A3032432EEC.jpeg
    871EBD91-FBD4-4209-9774-1A3032432EEC.jpeg
    354.5 KB · Views: 17,663
Last edited by a moderator:
Those wheels are similar, but different, than the Model 3 prototype wheels. The hub area (currently) has exposed lugs, while the previous Model 3 prototype wheels have a different hub shape and cover. It's possible they're the same and the cover just fits over the exposed lugs.

It might be the shadowing, but the tires look wider than 255's. The rears could also be wider than the fronts but it's hard to say for sure.

tesla-model-3-5-of-12.jpg

Last edited:
Spotted this morning at Kennedy Space Center
Whoa! I like those wheels and the black chrome above the wheels arch and door handles, but still chrome around the windows.

It seems to be a Performance version, so might be 20" wheels?

Did you get chance to look at the wheels and Tires size?

Do you think the body color was Multi-Coat Red or Signature Red?

The external Rear View mirrors are not folded. So the car was not locked? Did you saw anyone inside?

In fact it seems that the backup light were turned on? And both parts of the light were turned on, not like the Model 3.

Have you been able to look at the interior color and the rear seats, to see it it was a 5 or 7 seats version?

Did you see if there was a tow hitch door like on 2019 Model 3?

Last edited: