Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Performance too low?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just took delivery on a 2022 Model Y Performance. I drove at less than 5 mph over 2 what I consider standard size speed bumps and the bottom of the car scraped the speed bumps. Has anyone else experienced this? My brother has a Model Y Long Range and has never experienced this.

Those bumps are probably not the standard/approved bumps. The proper speed bumps are wider, so that cars going over that bumps don't pop up/or jump due to the bump. I almost stop and negotiate the bump very slowly even slower than 5mph to avoid any possible damage to the suspension components and/or alignment.

Upvote 0
I saw a very recent Y non performance (dec temp tag expiration) and was surprised at the wheel gap, has it gone up recently?

Attachments

• 1D5AC7FA-C805-44C5-8074-C303FC3244CD.jpeg
    1D5AC7FA-C805-44C5-8074-C303FC3244CD.jpeg
    977 KB · Views: 111
Upvote 0
I drove my MYP first time today to work, about 35 miles, I used 10% of the battery, mix suburb drive to highway max at 65 mph for a few min. I don’t it’s that bad? This is my first EV car. Have it plugged to my word free charge port 2kw per hour at 29 amps. It’s like pulling teeth, but it’s free charging . :)

Upvote 0
I drove my MYP first time today to work, about 35 miles, I used 10% of the battery, mix suburb drive to highway max at 65 mph for a few min. I don’t it’s that bad? This is my first EV car. Have it plugged to my word free charge port 2kw per hour at 29 amps. It’s like pulling teeth, but it’s free charging . :)
10% of the MYP's battery is 30.3 miles so yes that efficiency is good

Reactions: SpicyPaneer
Upvote 0
Bringing up old thread to add that I scrape every day in my MYP.

I scrape over every speed bump in a parking lot.

I scrape exiting businesses that have driveways to the road that are slightly steep.

I’d guess I scrape nearly every day. It’s kind of a PITA. So much so that I’m going to do the MPP lift kit.

Anyone that says they don’t scrape must never go down any type of driveway or parking lot with speed bumps.

Upvote 0

I scrape exiting businesses that have driveways to the road that are slightly steep.

I’d guess I scrape nearly every day. It’s kind of a PITA. So much so that I’m going to do the MPP lift kit.

Anyone that says they don’t scrape must never go down any type of driveway or parking lot with speed bumps.
When you scrape, is it mudflaps or something else? I have an MYLR and started scraping over speed bumps after I installed mudflaps.

Reactions: rolling green
Upvote 0

Taking a guess from your previous posts your not running the stock tire and 21” wheel setup.

Upvote 0

Time to learn how to drive over those bumps and exit/enter driveways.

Upvote 0