Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Performance Track Mode has arrived as a Holiday Software Update: As seen on twitter!!!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is great news track mode has arrived for the MYP. This might just force me to order a P now.

1670957262414.png

1670957269867.png

Last edited by a moderator:
So you can now wallow and porpoise your MYP around a road course. Brilliant.

Meanwhile, Tesla needs to build replacement functionality for USS-less cars, fix dozens of bugs, etc.

Next coming soon useless feature: Model X Plaid Flight Mode, where you can hit the strip with the Falcon Wing doors wide open and look like an airplane about to take off!
You like to have fun or no?

I'm still waiting. Counting days to get Track Mlde on my MYP.
Interesting move - Elon promised it 2 years ago, and finally ships it in December. SCCA off-season, and not so many HPDEs across the country.
I'm pretty sure some cars will be wrecked by newbie drivers trying drift mode on public roads.

Reactions: Fourdoor
Only way track any tesla is to lose weight, bigger wider tires, ceramic brake option & adustable suspension, let’s not forget the model y also has a larger ride height than a cat, need a to be dropped at least 4 to 7 inches in ride height and have a wicked stance. Hence BMW X3/4M. Track ready from the factory.
What is your experience with Model Y on the track to say that?
7 inch drop? Is that a typo? MYP ground clearance is 6.2".

Last edited:
Bummer. I’m still waiting for the update. Cant wait!

Has anyone actually tried it yet to see if there is a difference?
I did some grocery shopping. On the way back I have enabled Track mode (70 rear 30 front 0 stability control). Regular driving, nothing crazy. It's only 3 miles of local roads drive and hard to feel any difference besides the fact that I needed to use brakes to stop (roll setting). The surprising part was energy consumption. I got less than EPA with Track mode off but better than EPA with Track on. It suppose to be the other way around. Could be because of some other reasons like the battery and the car got warmer... Anyhow, it will be interesting to see how energy consumption changes based on Track mode settings.

There is a new youtube video with Model Y Track mode:

Last edited:
Reactions: Jones1
I did some grocery shopping. On the way back I have enabled Track mode (70 rear 30 front 0 stability control). Regular driving, nothing crazy. It's only 3 miles of local roads drive and hard to feel any difference besides the fact that I needed to use brakes to stop (roll setting). The surprising part was energy consumption. I got less than EPA with Track mode off but better than EPA with Track on. It suppose to be the other way around. Could be because of some other reasons like the battery and the car got warmer... Anyhow, it will be interesting to see how energy consumption changes based on Track mode settings.

I'm sure it's just a mistake, but I found it interesting that the video claims that acceleration improved with track mode on.

Reactions: towndrunk
Only way track any tesla is to lose weight, bigger wider tires, ceramic brake option & adustable suspension, let’s not forget the model y also has a larger ride height than a cat, need a to be dropped at least 4 to 7 inches in ride height and have a wicked stance. Hence BMW X3/4M. Track ready from the factory.
You can track a Tesla with just upgraded brake fluid and pads if you really want the bare necessities.

What a useless video… Guy spends 8 minutes blathering on and driving around a parking lot like a grandma.

I finally got the update this afternoon and took it for a quick spin. First impression on the drift setting is that it is absolutely able to put down power coming out of turns unlike the stingy “factory” stability control. Was able to kick the back end out on a couple of turns, but still need to do some more testing.

16B041BA-2B9E-482B-8A09-08957BC7411C.jpeg

As for power consumption, I read that the model 3 has stronger regen in track mode (~125kw vs ~85kw), so if the same applies to the Y that could be the reason for your observation. I personally didn’t feel any difference, but my trip was super quick.