Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Performance Track Mode has arrived as a Holiday Software Update: As seen on twitter!!!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is great news track mode has arrived for the MYP. This might just force me to order a P now.

1670957262414.png

1670957269867.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Stealth Model Y, Do you mean like the P3D- ? I have never heard of a Model Y with all the performance motor and software, without the PUP.
Early on in MYP production (from March until maybe May-ish 2020?), you could order MYP with or without the upgrade package (a free upgrade including 21" ubers, alloy pedals, spoiler, red calipers, lowered suspension). Without the package, it was with standard 19" Geminis, but still an MYP, software-wise, motor-wise, and speed-wise (ok maybe the top speed was a bit less).

• Informative
Reactions: 804son
I got the update in my work parking lot via my phone hotspot yesterday and updated the car half an hour before leaving work. Did two quick tests FWD mode with traction control minimum and RWD mode with traction control at minimum and in neither case did going full send from a stop result in wheel spin. If traction control was disabled I should have been able to roast the tires in either of these tests...

Am I missing something?

Keith

The power distribution slider does not actually make the car RWD or FWD, so you will not be able to do standing burnouts. The car is still always AWD, especially in a straight line, and it simply effects how the power gets applied while you're in a turn or already in a slide.

Reactions: tm1v2 and jpy1980
The power distribution slider does not actually make the car RWD or FWD, so you will not be able to do standing burnouts. The car is still always AWD, especially in a straight line, and it simply effects how the power gets applied while you're in a turn or already in a slide.
Well then to call this track mode is silly.
I was envisioning pushing power to RW and having some actual fun lol 😂

Good information to have for those wanting to make a FWD snow mode for the car using track mode.

One of my hopes was for drag strip use. For normal test and tune days not many drag strips do a full on track preparation with lots of VHT, so even at a drag strip you can have traction limitations. If I were to put drag radials on the MYP, they work best when heated up via a burnout... it was my hope to be able to do drag radials on all four corners of the car and be able to do a FWD burn out, then a RWD burn out before staging the car at the christmas tree.

Keith

Well then to call this track mode is silly.
I was envisioning pushing power to RW and having some actual fun lol 😂
You are missing the point. It's not for straight line acceleration but to change handling in turns anyway you like. It allows you to optimize balance to get the best time on track, improve car handling in tricky conditions or to have fun and do donuts.

Reactions: tm1v2 and Arthur31
I got the holiday update yesterday. Tried it real quick in a snow covered parking lot. With 100% RW bias, the tail swings out accelerating out of a turn. Changing it to 75/25, the tail stays put. It's going to be fun trying it out on the track during the summer. I especially look forward to using the lap timer to see how I'm doing at the local track.

Hey do you think that elon might want to make some of the money he has lost since purchasing tweeter Back?

maybe He could offer track mode for the people that don’t want all the Nannie’s when they auto cross their long range model y?

He could offer it as a stand alone software upgrade like acceleration boost?

I know that I would pay to let my model y eat.

What he should do to shore up $ is do one do those 50% off deals for FSD or EAP again.
Right now the price for them is too high for what you get over basic AP.

Oh and yes he needs to get his head back in the game Re: tesla operations.