Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Performance - Track Mode

Will there ever be Track Mode for Model Y Performance?

• Yes - In 2022

Votes: 56 37.1%
  • Not gonna happen

Votes: 65 43.0%
  • I don't have a performance, therefore, I don't care

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • What is track mode?

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Maybe when there is a like for like competitor

Votes: 19 12.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Source on the motors being maxed out? Everything I've heard in the past is that they are anywhere from 75-85% capacity, far from maxed.
My source is from someone else so it's just a theory.

If the motors are really limited to 75-85% then that'd be amazing. Maybe Tesla is waiting for competition to catch up before unlocking the remaining power? I don't see why they'd do that though.

I hate to be the glass half empty guy here - but the fact that Elon said "this is harder than it sounds" makes me think we won't be getting it very soon or likely at all. They obviously found some kind of stumbling block along the way that they are having issues overcoming.
I read that as well. If the M3 has track mode and they are to be sharing many components with the Y, then I don't see what the difficulty would be. I have the MYLR with the ghost upgrade. It does come with Lap mode but on the track I wasn't seeing much difference moving the sliders around. Maybe there is some truth to Elon's statements.

I think the MY performed very well on the the road course. Next time I'll pay more attention to the temps with scan my tesla, but I didn't receive any throttling alerts. I'm not sure how track mode will offer much of a benefit. (Maybe a little less nanny coming out of a turn). If anything, upgrading the brakes or adding racing brake fluid would go much further. It's a heavy car and you can feel that in a tight corner. I don't think track mode is going to help that.

Track Mode V2 Highlights Include:

Vehicle Handling Customization

• Handling Balance: Shift motor bias from 100 percent front to 100 percent rear, adjusting how much torque is sent to each motor for different understeer or oversteer behaviors and initiate rotation and sustain slip angle.
  • Stability Assistance: Choose the level at which the stability control systems are helping to control your car – from all stability systems on to off for full driver control.
  • Regen Braking: Adjust how much deceleration is provided by the car’s motors and foundation brakes. This not only impacts how much physical braking force is required to slow the car down but also allows drivers to initiate their car’s rotation using the throttle pedal.
Real-Time Status Monitoring

• Optimal Vehicle Cooling: Post-Drive Cooling and Compressor Overclock extend track sessions by compensating for the higher temperatures generated by sustained, high-speed driving. Access Post-Drive Cooling and Compressor Overclock from Track Mode Settings.
  • Vehicle Status: Get a detailed look at vehicle and sub-system temperatures on Model 3’s touchscreen. Track Mode utilizes real-time models to display battery, brake and motor temperatures and tire utilization.
  • G-Meter: Tesla’s G-Meter will automatically track and record peak lateral and longitudinal accelerations. The G-Meter can be viewed in the Cards area of the touchscreen.
Performance Review

• Lap Timer: The touchscreen map now displays a Lap Timer. Follow the on-screen instructions to place a start/finish pin on the map. At the completion of each lap, the Lap Timer will show the duration of your last lap. It also displays the times associated with the previous and best laps in the driving session.
  • Video Logging & Telemetry Data: Video and telemetry data is now downloadable to a USB drive so drivers can track and share their performance. Data is stored in a .CSV file and includes lap times, acceleration, deceleration, G-meter, vehicle thermals and tire utilization. To save data, plug in a USB flash drive with a folder named TeslaTrackMode. When ‘Save Dashcam for Lap’ is enabled, Track Mode stores a video of each lap in a driving session when using the Lap Timer.

Reactions: Notch Peak
And from Twitter today…

1318D075-BFDD-425A-8E04-B9112852F418.jpeg

Is it just me or does it feel like Elon's quote is being taken out of context a bit? Everyone is looking at it as confirmation, but he clearly said that they have had issues implementing it.
Yeah, once I saw that actual tweet, I wrote off the MYP track mode again. To me that doesn't sound like any sort of confirmation. Of course, I'd be glad to be wrong in this case.

Reactions: BMWY