Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Performance - Track Mode

Will there ever be Track Mode for Model Y Performance?

• Yes - In 2022

Votes: 56 37.1%
  • Not gonna happen

Votes: 65 43.0%
  • I don't have a performance, therefore, I don't care

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • What is track mode?

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Maybe when there is a like for like competitor

Votes: 19 12.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is just wrong, FYI. my software last checked at 9:54 am yesterday. By 7 pm, I had a software update for the holiday update. DC from Wifi, Reconnect, DC from Wifi, forget network, soft reset, re-connect to wifi, and I had a software update. It's incorrect that it's "absolutely 24 hours"
Agree, I did a 2:00PM check and the following day at 6ishAM the software update popped up. Funny thing is after updating it still said last checked 2:00PM and up to date.

Agree, I did a 2:00PM check and the following day at 6ishAM the software update popped up. Funny thing is after updating it still said last checked 2:00PM and up to date.
Hopefully this means that checking for an update and getting nothing doesn't mean that we're shutout for the next 24 hours.

I've been beside myself waiting for this update to arrive, so naturally I have not gotten it yet.😭

How do you force it to check and where does it tell you when it last checked? Is this in the car or the app??

Thanks.
You can't force it.... Anyone saying elsewise is pushing baseless rumors. The car checks when it's connected to internet.

On a different note, I hope Tesla unlocks an acceleration boost on the MYP now that the Kia EV6 GT beats it:

MotorTrend: 2023 Kia EV6 GT First Test Review: A 576-HP Silent Stinger.

Last edited:
I believe the entire purpose of track mode is free spirit Wanting the back to step out. Track mode is not designed for conservative safe driving.
I miss being able to (controllably) spin my car in snowy parking lots. I took my Y out the first time it snowed to see how well/bad it would do after our first snow fall... I've never had an AWD car or snow tires (or an SUV for that matter), except for the Prius I owned, all of my cars have been manuals and a majority of those were RWD sports cars.

I was both impressed at how well it handled in the parking lot and disappointed I couldnt make it lose control. I would love to have the ability to bias the drive wheels and turn off DC.

Does this include the regen user selectable settings?

If included, how is that recommended to set up regen for a user created "snow" setting around ice and snow when slick enough to cause the back to step out?
Yes, 0%-100%
There is no snow preset. you can test it yourself and select the best setup that works best for you.
I can set the 100% rear motor bias (it becomes RWD car) and drift it all day long. or make it FWD car
The only thing you notice the most is the stopping mode which is "Roll" only when in Track mode, so you will have to press the brake pedal to stop the car. Otherwise the car will either roll forward or backward.

• Informative
Reactions: alexcue
Yes, 0%-100%
There is no snow preset. you can test it yourself and select the best setup that works best for you.
I can set the 100% rear motor bias (it becomes RWD car) and drift it all day long. or make it FWD car
The only thing you notice the most is the stopping mode which is "Roll" only when in Track mode, so you will have to press the brake pedal to stop the car. Otherwise the car will either roll forward or backward.
100%. Also you can't use regular navigation while in the track mode.

100%. Also you can't use regular navigation while in the track mode.

Now I am looking real smart with my Hansshow touch screen that I can run Google maps on :D ... now I just need the damn update!

I am assuming that AP is disabled in track mode? What about cruise control? I obviously don't need either one of those when our having fun, but for those trying to set up a "snow mode" it might be useful.

Keith

Reactions: buddhafree
A while back I thought if we ever get the track mode in MYP, I could use it to dial up a snow mode. Having been through last winter and just driving through a couple of snow storms in the last couple of weeks (including just now), I've found that driving the MYP has become so second nature that I don't even need to change to chill mode or decrease regen braking (using S3XY buttons) in snowy situations. I simply haven't come close to getting out of control due to too much acceleration or regen braking. But I will certainly try out some track mode settings for driving in snow.

Now where my holiday update at??!??