Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Performance vs. Model 3 AWD+

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, our AWD 3 is doing 4.04 with rollout, no power upgrade. My Y PUP is doing 3.58. I was going to get my wife the upgrade for her birthday, but then her car might be faster than mine! LOL

4.04 for the AWD 3 no power upgrade? That's very impressive, as Tesla claims 4.4. You got yourself a zebra!

I did 3 0-60 runs with my MYP with the 21s and a passenger.
3.43 was the best, worst was 3.5. I think Tesla gave me a fast one lol

Reactions: Nakk
4.04 for the AWD 3 no power upgrade? That's very impressive, as Tesla claims 4.4. You got yourself a zebra!

Apparently they did! . With a passenger no less! I have yet to do better than 3.57 without a passenger in my Y PUP. What was the ambient temp when you did your runs?

Very interesting. I'm using the 1 foot rollout too. 3.77 is my best time without rollout. The highest ambient temp though has been 65F. It's supposed to get up to 75F this week, I'll try and get another run in when it's warmer out to see if it makes a difference. :)

Very interesting. I'm using the 1 foot rollout too. 3.77 is my best time without rollout. The highest ambient temp though has been 65F. It's supposed to get up to 75F this week, I'll try and get another run in when it's warmer out to see if it makes a difference. :)

Make sure battery is charged and stomp on the pedal. Also disable traction control might help. Are you using draggy?

Tesla dishonestly uses rollout for their public P model numbers but NOT their non-P models.

Model 3 AWD doing 4 flat (with rollout) has been common since the first 5% power bump- even professional car mags were getting that result.

Since the second 5% bump there's AWD 3 owners hitting 3..9 pretty commonly.

(and ~3.5 with the AWD boost, a few folks getting into the high 3.4x range)

Weren't you the guy measuring with a go pro?

Get a draggy :)

Quickest MYP using a real calibrated measuring device like that is 3.55 with 1' rollout, 3.75 without it... so very slightly slower than the non-P Model 3 AWD with the boost upgrade.... but there's relatively few data points at the moment.

Tesla dishonestly uses rollout for their public P model numbers but NOT their non-P models.

Model 3 AWD doing 4 flat (with rollout) has been common since the first 5% power bump- even professional car mags were getting that result.

Since the second 5% bump there's AWD 3 owners hitting 3..9 pretty commonly.

(and ~3.5 with the AWD boost, a few folks getting into the high 3.4x range)

Weren't you the guy measuring with a go pro?

Get a draggy :)

Quickest MYP using a real calibrated measuring device like that is 3.55 with 1' rollout, 3.75 without it... so very slightly slower than the non-P Model 3 AWD with the boost upgrade.... but there's relatively few data points at the moment.

My draggy is on the way!

There was one guy on youtube that got 3.30 0-60 with 1ft roll out on a MYP with 21s using his draggy, but his youtube video got taken down.Im interested to see what mine does, and also what the future updates will bring.

Tesla Model Y owner crushes advertised 0-60 mph time in real-world test

I'm a little skeptical of the testing on the Youtube channel "Daerik " as he always seems to have the fastest times in his runs. He uses a VBox, which is certainly accurate - but I don't think it measures slope for the times. He could be on a slight decline of just -2° and easily achieve a 1/10th of a second faster. I like the Dragy because it only validates time's if you are less than -1° degree of slope, and you can't post those times to the Leaderboards unless they are "Valid" in the app.

I'm a little skeptical of the testing on the Youtube channel "Daerik " as he always seems to have the fastest times in his runs. He uses a VBox, which is certainly accurate - but I don't think it measures slope for the times. He could be on a slight decline of just -2° and easily achieve a 1/10th of a second faster. I like the Dragy because it only validates time's if you are less than -1° degree of slope, and you can't post those times to the Leaderboards unless they are "Valid" in the app.

The video isn’t posted anymore but I think he used draggy.

Id wager Tesla still wanted the Model Y Performance to be faster then a Model 3 AWD with boost. Not to mention, the Model Y PUP has those massive 21's.. throw on some lighter wheels and it will easily be a sub 3.5 car, about half a second faster then the M3 AWD with boost.

I wanna see that race! I think the M3 will have the edge because it’s lighter, but who knows what the future hold for the MY and if they get those power updates

Seems like the posts I have seen show the M3 with boost getting 3.7+ 0-60 times, that's more then most all if not all videos showing MY PUP 0-60 times.. so think the Y is still going to be a few tenths faster, and the stealth Y probably 4-5 tenths faster with lighter and smaller wheels.

Seems like the posts I have seen show the M3 with boost getting 3.7+ 0-60 times, that's more then most all if not all videos showing MY PUP 0-60 times.. so think the Y is still going to be a few tenths faster, and the stealth Y probably 4-5 tenths faster with lighter and smaller wheels.

You are incorrectly comparing different time measurements.

The 3.7+ times are non-rollout. Those 3.5 times on the MYP are rollout. Lighter 18" wheels have allowed the MYP to hit 3.27 (rollout). It is not a half second faster with lighter smaller wheels, it is at most about two tenths faster with lighter wheels.

You are incorrectly comparing different time measurements.

The 3.7+ times are non-rollout. Those 3.5 times on the MYP are rollout. Lighter 18" wheels have allowed the MYP to hit 3.27 (rollout). It is not a half second faster with lighter smaller wheels, it is at most about two tenths faster with lighter wheels.

Right^^^ I think it’s too soon to speculate, not enough data points, and Tesla probably running conservative tuning on the MY. There will be updates in the future.