Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Performance vs. Model 3 AWD+

Kuro Houou

Feb 15, 2020
USA
Right^^^ I think it’s too soon to speculate, not enough data points, and Tesla probably running conservative tuning on the MY. There will be updates in the future.

Yep. We need some side by side runs I think, with the different configs of each car. Plus give Tesla some time to do its fine tuning with the MY like it has with the M3 over the years. I think at the end of the day its going to stay the same as it is now as Tesla has marketing to worry about as well. If looking at pure 0-60.. M3 P < MY P < M3 AWD+ < M3 AWD < MY AWD. With maybe a MY AWD+ coming into the picture at some point.

Reactions: MagnusMako

moswissa

Mar 20, 2020
Los angeles
Yep. We need some side by side runs I think, with the different configs of each car. Plus give Tesla some time to do its fine tuning with the MY like it has with the M3 over the years. I think at the end of the day its going to stay the same as it is now as Tesla has marketing to worry about as well. If looking at pure 0-60.. M3 P < MY P < M3 AWD+ < M3 AWD < MY AWD. With maybe a MY AWD+ coming into the picture at some point.

Tesla will most def release a boost for the MY AWD, as they are money hungry and ppl will buy it. As far as fine tuning, the MY holds back at the launch but then makes up for it and i think it’s software limited. It’s just 300lbs heavier which isn’t much.

Larryfl1

Mar 7, 2020
Florida
I just test drove both the performance PUP Y and the performance 3 PUP.
Overall very similar..

I must say the size of the Y is substantially nicer when your in it..it felt comfortable to me and decent size and the 3 well just feels compact..

Handling , similar but the 3 definitely does curves/ramps better...maybe a 25% improvement in my book?

Overall i really liked the Y, i wish the seats bolstered some more on the sides as a big guy and around curves it doesn’t hold me like my current sports car....then again its a crossover not a sports car..

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC