Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Performance vs Standard

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How do you verify if your Model Y is the Performance version? I bought one of the early Model Ys as a standard LR. However, the assigned VIN is coded as a Performance version. The VIN digit #8 is an "F" which corresponds to "Dual Motor - Performance (Designated for Model Y)". I am in the process of selling this car and want to make sure of what I have.

Also, I have never been able to get the indicated range above 300 miles, despite fully charging. I thought there was a software mod that increased range to 326 miles or so.

How do you verify if your Model Y is the Performance version? I bought one of the early Model Ys as a standard LR. However, the assigned VIN is coded as a Performance version. The VIN digit #8 is an "F" which corresponds to "Dual Motor - Performance (Designated for Model Y)". I am in the process of selling this car and want to make sure of what I have.

Also, I have never been able to get the indicated range above 300 miles, despite fully charging. I thought there was a software mod that increased range to 326 miles or so.

I would ignore any vin designations as tesla did not differentiate in the beginning between performance and regular AWD Model 3s (and possibly Ys) by vin. You will know if your car is a performance one if it has a red underline underneath the words "DUAL MOTOR" ON THE SOFTWARE SCREEN (not on the badge on the back of the car as that can simply be bought).

No red underline under the words "dual motor" on the software screen, no performance model 3 / Y, full stop, do not pass go, no matter what other physical things you may see on the car such as brakes, spoilers etc.

As for "I dont get range" thats a complete separate discussion that isnt really related to your question. If you have the red underline on the software screen its a performance. If you dont, you dont.

What is ghost or stealth?

Reactions: Daekwan