Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model y performance wait time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Never had a Tesla so I don’t know much about the ordering process. I want to buy a model y performance. I see estimated delivery is feb 2022 as of now. In your experience, is the estimated times usually accurate? I am selling my 2020 corvette now and debating on weather to purchase a new MY or just go buy a used one now and pay the premium.

I ordered on Sept 21, when I ordered the website said "October". My current EDD is Dec 4-8 and has shifted a bunch as you can see in my signature. February sounds about right, but I would go into this expecting delays and expecting to not really know anything until you get a VIN

Never had a Tesla so I don’t know much about the ordering process. I want to buy a model y performance. I see estimated delivery is feb 2022 as of now. In your experience, is the estimated times usually accurate? I am selling my 2020 corvette now and debating on weather to purchase a new MY or just go buy a used one now and pay the premium.
Just curious but why are you selling the Vette?

Maybe read the question again dumb***. Asking if the estimated times are usually correct. I don’t see anything about that. If you don’t like it, don’t read the thread you loser.
If you’d spend a little more time reading and less time insulting people, you’d realize that people are posting actual order dates and delivery dates in that thread.

And who said I didn’t like reading this thread? It’s fun watching someone make a complete fool of themselves in public. And, yes, you’re making a fool of yourself.

• Funny
Reactions: voxel and jebinc
Again, yes, people are posting their orders and delivery dates. What I am asking is that if the estimated time was accurate.So I’ll make it clear. Estimated delivery for a myp is February 2022. I am asking for peoples experiences related to that estimation tesla gives…..and btw you are still a loser for commenting on a post and not giving any helpful input. You don’t like it, stay out of the conversation.

Thread is irrelevant now. Went to a tesla store today to place a order for myp. The man at the store told me there was one with my specs only 30 min away. So reserved it right there, got vin immediately and taking delivery tomorrow. If looking to get a tesla and don’t want to wait, I know you can check existing inventory, but the myp I bought never showed up there. Seems like the tesla employees are able to see way more so it can’t hurt to call or go into a store and maybe get lucky like me

Reactions: voxel and Steve S
Thread is irrelevant now. Went to a tesla store today to place a order for myp. The man at the store told me there was one with my specs only 30 min away. So reserved it right there, got vin immediately and taking delivery tomorrow. If looking to get a tesla and don’t want to wait, I know you can check existing inventory, but the myp I bought never showed up there. Seems like the tesla employees are able to see way more so it can’t hurt to call or go into a store and maybe get lucky like me

MYPs are rare. And configs are random. The Discord servers only detect 1 every day or so in the inventory. And SAs try to assign VINs to existing orders in the area first (they did that for my M3SR+ which I let go after buying a demo MYLR) so that's another reason they don't show up.

Folks on the channel have help "transfer VINs" (Tesla supports this - but not reservation transfers). One person had a MYP arrive in CA that she didn't want anymore and somebody else in CA had that VIN transferred (with new order with latest price).

It was irrelevant before, too.

Hello first time here, I ordered my Tesla Y performance 10/22 and my Delivery dates were 12/8 to 12/31. Just two days ago my tesla app started showing "Prepare for Delivery" but my credit app expired only after 30days!!! So i had to reapply for credit and the Tesla app after credit approval went back from "Prepare for Delivery" to finish insurance tasks. BUT I can't do anything with insurance or update as my VIN has not arrived yet but my dates now have changed to 12/7- 12/21! So i don't know what is going on, confused and waiting and not happy with Tesla as I had to get run another credit check when I was originally by my Tesla advisor to apply right away as Credit approvals are good for 60 days but mine was good for only 30...by the way i have very good credit so I don't know what happened here. Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone have delivery in December and got there VINs already? Thanks.