Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Performance Wheels and Tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi UT!! Are the Michelin's you have the PILOT SPORT ALL SEASON 4? I'm trying to figure out if the 275 Überturbines would work on the front of my new MYP which I'll receive in a week and a half, as my goal is to square up the rims/tires using Tesla Überturbines and all season tires, which I cannot find at 255/35R21. Thanks!! VelkySyr
Please update the thread when you figure it out or try it -- I'm trying to figure out the same thing: will 275s work on the front, either on 21" Uberturbines or on 20" Inductions. Thanks!

Please update the thread when you figure it out or try it -- I'm trying to figure out the same thing: will 275s work on the front, either on 21" Uberturbines or on 20" Inductions. Thanks!
Hey F!! Tesla Service said definitely do not put the 10.5” uberturbines on the front as the 275 tires will not have enough room. They will rub when turning the vehicle. So, unless Michelin comes out with an all season in the 255/35R21 tire size, which they said that they were going to do at some point, a change in rims will be necessary. I will probably do the 20” induction rims with 255/40R20 tires, but not the tires in the Tesla winter tire package. They use Pirelli Sottozero (sp?) and personally, I like Michelin better - personal preference. VelkySyr

Reactions: F123456
I debated this subject when I first purchased my PUP.... Ultimately, I decided to stay with the original uberturbines with the staggered setup. Although I only got 15k miles from the rear Pirelli’s, I still have 7/32 on the front tires at 27k miles. I changed the rear tires to the Michelin all season for longer tread life. I will eventually change the front tires to these as well. However, I am pleasantly surprised with the longevity of the front tires. I like the look of the wider tire in the back so I am just happy I don’t have to replace all 4 at 15-20k miles
So you are running summer tires on the front and all season tires on the back? I'm surprised the tire place let you do that.

But anyways, it's good that the stability control isn't freaking out. On my other car that runs a staggered setup with 275 in the back and 245 in the front... When I replaced the back without replacing the front (I had around half left on the fronts), my stability control would freak out whenever I took a curve.. When I went back to Discount Tire, I got them to prorate the warranty on the fronts becuase they were unusable with a new set in the rear. I had certificates on them already, so maybe that's why they let me do that... I've done that everytime now, when the rears wear out on that car.

I debated this subject when I first purchased my PUP.... Ultimately, I decided to stay with the original uberturbines with the staggered setup. Although I only got 15k miles from the rear Pirelli’s, I still have 7/32 on the front tires at 27k miles. I changed the rear tires to the Michelin all season for longer tread life. I will eventually change the front tires to these as well. However, I am pleasantly surprised with the longevity of the front tires. I like the look of the wider tire in the back so I am just happy I don’t have to replace all 4 at 15-20k miles
Do you mind explaining for me? I have PUP and I'm worried about finding better tires and haven't found a set that matches the staggered set up. What Michellins did you put in the rear and what are you gonna put in the front? I haven't found a matched set. If you don't mind reply to [email protected] it would be really appreciated

Howdy all!! Here's what I ended up doing...

I purchased from Discount Tire Nokian Hakkapeliitta R3 SUV 255/40R20 tires. TireRack does not carry any Nokian tires from what I could see in searching for the brand. I'm trying to coax (and not the cable type!!) Tesla into selling me 20" Induction rims and TPMS sensors. They said they would but it has been a week since my inquiry and I still do not have purchase info. First World problem!!
VelkySyr

I’m getting MY P and although you cannot rotate isn’t it true you could match all 4 using front wheels x4 and thereby rotate? I mean purchase two additional front wheels and use them in front and back. Then you’d be able to rotate and save money on tread wear. Correct?

I’m getting MY P and although you cannot rotate isn’t it true you could match all 4 using front wheels x4 and thereby rotate? I mean purchase two additional front wheels and use them in front and back. Then you’d be able to rotate and save money on tread wear. Correct?
That would be fine if summer tires are all you need. If you need all season or winter tire you are SOL.

• Disagree
Reactions: whisperingshad
Hi UT!! Are the Michelin's you have the PILOT SPORT ALL SEASON 4? I'm trying to figure out if the 275 Überturbines would work on the front of my new MYP which I'll receive in a week and a half, as my goal is to square up the rims/tires using Tesla Überturbines and all season tires, which I cannot find at 255/35R21. Thanks!! VelkySyr
I have exact idea but where are you purchasing the 275 wheels? Private party or Tesla? You could also do 255/35 x 4 right?

However you could choose the front or rear Uberturbine set up and match them on all four wheels isn’t that correct?
Correct you can do 275/45/19 for rear and 245/45/19 upfront and pick Uberturbines set up since it’s a perfect match to Uberturbines. The disadvantage is you will be unable to rotate tires.
Uberturbines are an inch taller and when you put them on the car has a rake to it. It will even make you adjust your seat and mirrors.

Correct you can do 275/45/19 for rear and 245/45/19 upfront and pick Uberturbines set up since it’s a perfect match to Uberturbines. The disadvantage is you will be unable to rotate tires.
Uberturbines are an inch taller and when you put them on the car has a rake to it. It will even make you adjust your seat and mirrors.
Let me ask again:

However you could choose the front “or” rear Uberturbine set up and match “either of them” but not stagger them on all four wheels; isn’t that correct?

Let me ask again:

However you could choose the front “or” rear Uberturbine set up and match “either of them” but not stagger them on all four wheels; isn’t that correct?
I am sure you can get 2 front 255/35/21 and put it on the back and that would create square setup. That will allow to rotate tires. Putting rear 275/35/21 on front without modifying suspension may cause some rubbing.

Reactions: F123456
Did you trade with a MYP owner? If so, was there cash on top of the trade as well?
I bought from MYP owner that wanted light 19” aftermarket wheels.
I sold mine Gemini wheels here on forum.
So overall I had to come up with couple hundred bucks in cash to cover the difference. I could’ve been more aggressive with Gemini sale but I feel I got a fair price a quick sale.

Reactions: LoafPork