Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Performance Winter Tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I currently have an order for a LR Model Y and I’m thinking of modifying it to a Performance, but I’m having trouble finding 21” winter tires. I can find a few that fit the rear, but can’t find fronts anywhere. The 19” & 20” packages on the Tesla site both say they’re NOT compatible with the Model Y Performance. Is this because 19” or 20” don’t fit due to the brakes? Can any Performance owners let me know what your winter tire setup is and where you ordered from? Thanks.

I currently have an order for a LR Model Y and I’m thinking of modifying it to a Performance, but I’m having trouble finding 21” winter tires. I can find a few that fit the rear, but can’t find fronts anywhere. The 19” & 20” packages on the Tesla site both say they’re NOT compatible with the Model Y Performance. Is this because 19” or 20” don’t fit due to the brakes? Can any Performance owners let me know what your winter tire setup is and where you ordered from? Thanks.

The 21" Model Y Performance wheels use a staggered setup with the rear wheels wider than the fronts. The standard 19" and 20" Model Y wheels are a square setup (both front and rear are the same size):

Model Y Tire/Wheel size information

So I purchased the model Y and then purchased the 19.5 r241’s from wheelsco as a winter tire package. I don’t want to be bothered with having to swap rubbers all the time and felt this would be way better in the long run... no waiting on someone else to swap the tires, because anyone can easily do that now! The only real issue is where to store the spare set. Thankfully, I’m just going to buy a tire rack and store them in my sea container.

Reactions: Vawlkus