Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Performance with Induction Wheels now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Everyone,
Did I happen to miss something because I just saw that the Model Y performance non upgrade now has an option for induction wheels. It did not have that option before when I ordered it, only one choice in the Gemini wheels. Now I'm going to have to alter my order and most likely miss my potential June delivery...…. Was this an option before and I just simply missed it??

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    464.9 KB · Views: 66
I think this was recently added (like only in June)? I saw someone comment on it 2 day ago and had to checked it out myself as I had the same reaction you're having now.

That said, I actually thought about changing my order also. But not sure if I want to pay an additional $8K just for the extra acceleration. I'm hoping (fingers crossed) that like previous models, it'll just be a software upgrade option later on for $2K.

IMO, the June delivery shouldn't be factor in your decision. The way I see it is, yes, you're anxious in getting your car now, but it's worth getting a car you want with all the bells and whistles, even if it'll delay delivery. It'll be worth it in the long run and you won't have any regrets.

Reactions: YnotAnthony
I think this was recently added (like only in June)? I saw someone comment on it 2 day ago and had to checked it out myself as I had the same reaction you're having now.

That said, I actually thought about changing my order also. But not sure if I want to pay an additional $8K just for the extra acceleration. I'm hoping (fingers crossed) that like previous models, it'll just be a software upgrade option later on for $2K.

IMO, the June delivery shouldn't be factor in your decision. The way I see it is, yes, you're anxious in getting your car now, but it's worth getting a car you want with all the bells and whistles, even if it'll delay delivery. It'll be worth it in the long run and you won't have any regrets.
I figured they recently changed it and I wasn't going crazy. Definitely going to change to include the induction wheels. I already had the performance on order so the induction wheels are no charge for the upgrade. Really hope it doesn't delay the June delivery, but if it does at least I get what I want. The induction wheels look awesome with the white car!

Don't you check this forum non stop all day and read every topic??!?? Hahah, yeah they added that option last week. I definitely would have switched to the inductions, but for me getting it asap is more important because I think the 19's will make a good winter set anyway, and I'll just get some super nice aftermarket 20's for summer anyway.

Reactions: YnotAnthony