Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Performance with LFP battery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At this point, I’m just going to wait and see what I get when I get it.

I’m so confused and no one at Tesla has a clue.
I can promise you 100% without a doubt that a LR or Performance Y does not currently exist with LFP batteries in it no matter where it is built, nor would it be safe to charge any LR to 100% daily without excessive degradation.

The new lithium 12V might be LFP. Just a guess, but would make the statements more consistent.

Yeah, "the battery" that the OP is talking about is the HV (high voltage) battery. Looking at it, its entirely possible that the "all 3 and Y are going to come with that battery" statement refers to the switch of the 12v battery from lead acid to Lithium, and would make the statements correct.

Nice catch / call out.

Reactions: tangible1
I ordered a model Y performance too weeks ago and had it for delivery date for next Sunday.

Based of the things I’ve read here I reached out to them and asked whether or not it would have the AMD computer, and the lithium iron phosphate battery.

They responded to me and told me that this one would have an Intel-based computer and a standard 12 V lead battery.

So I canceled the order and they put me on pause… i’m gonna wait for two weeks and resume my order.

I really have no interest in spending $70,000 on a car only to get the older technology; I have a model three and I find the Intel-based infotainment computer to be absolutely worthless when it comes to things like browsing the Internet and such.

I ordered a model Y performance too weeks ago and had it for delivery date for next Sunday.

Based of the things I’ve read here I reached out to them and asked whether or not it would have the AMD computer, and the lithium iron phosphate battery.

They responded to me and told me that this one would have an Intel-based computer and a standard 12 V lead battery.

So I canceled the order and they put me on pause… i’m gonna wait for two weeks and resume my order.

I really have no interest in spending $70,000 on a car only to get the older technology; I have a model three and I find the Intel-based infotainment computer to be absolutely worthless when it comes to things like browsing the Internet and such.
You car would have to have been built in December or early January for that to be the case. What was your VIN? Not all SA pa know what they are talking about.

Also, if you are waiting for the lithium iron phosphate battery in a Model Y, might as well buy another car. They don’t exist. LFP (lithium iron phosphate) is a type of battery chemistry for the high voltage battery. Tesla only uses these in standard range model 3.

You want to ask about a lithium ion 12 (15) volt battery.

Lithium iron phosphate I think is what the 12V battery made out of, and thats what I’m talking about. (Not a SR) I’m interested primarily and making sure it has the AMD based infotainment computer.

My understanding is that if you’re getting the AMD computer you’re also getting that battery.

The VIN was to be: 7SAYGDEF0NF380598

The folks at Tesla were pretty good about pulling up the computer type it just took them a bit.

Lithium iron phosphate I think is what the 12V battery made out of, and thats what I’m talking about. (Not a SR) I’m interested primarily and making sure it has the AMD based infotainment computer.

My understanding is that if you’re getting the AMD computer you’re also getting that battery.

The folks at Tesla were pretty good about pulling up the computer type it just took them a bit.
No no no. The 12V (actually 15V) is lithium ion. Lithium ion is usually lithium cobalt or lithium manganese. Lithium Iron is exactly what it sounds like. Two different chemistries.

Interesting. I ordered a MYP in December before the FSD price increase and took delivery 2/23/22 East Coast. My VIN is lower by about 300. I have Intel Atom. Manufacturer 2/22. Looks like they have not switched Fremont MYP to AMD yet (as of late feb). Either that, or a bunch of "rejected" MYP are being pushed out first. Haven't checked for lead battery yet.

Interesting. I ordered a MYP in December before the FSD price increase and took delivery 2/23/22 East Coast. My VIN is lower by about 300. I have Intel Atom. Manufacturer 2/22. Looks like they have not switched Fremont MYP to AMD yet (as of late feb). Either that, or a bunch of "rejected" MYP are being pushed out first. Haven't checked for lead battery yet.
I'd say it's a reject. Just picked up my MYP on Saturday, vin F3889**, manf. date of 2/23/22. AMD chip, heated wipers, new lith. battery.

Where did you find full manf. date ? Door column only shows 2/22. And congrats on getting the latest bling!
I visited the Tesla SC a few days before my delivery. I located my MYP among 24 others that had just arrived and were sitting in the lot. There is a big VIN sticker on the windshield before they prep it for delivery, and the manf date is marked on there. Zoom in on the pic below and you’ll see it under the big QR code.

D6E3293D-AFDF-4F94-A2F9-E9134A75423C.jpeg