Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y picked up in Tampa, nearly perfect!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After reading about all the Model Y issues for the past few months, I went to pick up my car on Wednesday, July 29th with quite a bit of skepticism and caution. I even brought an experienced paint and body expert with me. After going over the vehicle in detail for over an hour plus moving it into the sunlight to look for paint mis-matching, etc., we were unable to find ANY major issues! The only thing I could find so far was that the flap in the center console does not seem to stay closed and there may be a very slight mis-alignment (which I didn’t notice a first) of the right tail light.
The delivery person said to me that they have seen an improvement in the Model Y’s they have received in the past two weeks verses ones they got in May and June...
I had a separate problem with a home wall charger I ordered and had installed in advance, but in terms of this Model Y, I am thus far pleasantly surprised and very pleased! It is white/white/19” wheels, FSD.

After reading about all the Model Y issues for the past few months, I went to pick up my car on Wednesday, July 29th with quite a bit of skepticism and caution. I even brought an experienced paint and body expert with me. After going over the vehicle in detail for over an hour plus moving it into the sunlight to look for paint mis-matching, etc., we were unable to find ANY major issues! The only thing I could find so far was that the flap in the center console does not seem to stay closed and there may be a very slight mis-alignment (which I didn’t notice a first) of the right tail light.
The delivery person said to me that they have seen an improvement in the Model Y’s they have received in the past two weeks verses ones they got in May and June...
I had a separate problem with a home wall charger I ordered and had installed in advance, but in terms of this Model Y, I am thus far pleasantly surprised and very pleased! It is white/white/19” wheels, FSD.

wow, that’s awesome!

More good news. We took delivery of our MY on July 28th and while it's not perfect the few defects I found are insignificant. And as I have said if Tesla refused to fix them I could easily live with this car for many years.

BTW what's your VIN and I assume its a July build.