Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Model Y - Pics + Vids - Tint, PPF/Clearbra, Ceramic Coating, Vinyl Wraps, Wheels, Aero

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Y owners looking to wrap their car, check out satin grey. Love how this color ties in so well with the black trims and wheels. Best part is how it sharpens the body lines you don’t normally notice with the regular factory paint. Makes the car look so much sportier.

~5:27 time stamp for start of project

Chrome deleting--plastidip or vinyl wrap? In this quick video, we show 2 Teslas with 2 different chrome deleting solutions so viewers can compare and see which they prefer.

Plastidip has many great benefits. Easy DIY for anyone who wants to attempt it themselves and looks pretty reasonable on badges/emblems. Vinyl wrap gives you more of an OEM look compared to plastidip, but it requires more work than plastidip (sprays on). What's very clear is that they don't provide the same finishing once completed. This is probably the biggest deciding factor for people. Even though this video is specifically talking about chrome deletes, the same points can be said for anyone deciding to plastidip or vinyl wrap their entire car.

Here's a quick clip of a Y we wrapped in metallic gloss black. Great option for those who like Tesla's black but want something that has metallic flakes like the other colors from Tesla. It's not over the top, but it pops under the sun.

Don't get fooled--ceramic tint ISN'T the "best" tint out there. What matters more is the TSER% when it comes to maximizing heat rejection. If you need help picking out tint for summer, here's a quick guide.

I posted this awhile back, but it's so important for you not to get caught up in buying a tint just because it's "ceramic". That term has been so overly commercialized and manipulated that it's lost most of its importance now. Yes, ceramic is good, but you'd be shocked how many films out there are ACTUALLY ceramic. Most just call their films ceramic because that's the only term the general, uneducated public know when it comes to tint. Please don't be deceived.

Model Y and 3 owners looking to improve the ride quality--check out these Tein coilovers. First impressions are pretty good. Feels like about a 20-25% increase in ride comfort from stock suspensions. Bumps aren't as jarring and feel more rounded out/smoother than before. Handling is definitely improved. Much tighter and stable. Also helps get rid of that enormouse wheel gap.

I know this isn't a Y, but this question has been brought up countless times by new Tesla owners considering clearbra (paint protection film) that I think this video will be too helpful not to share.

Do you REALLY need clearbra (paint protection film) for your Tesla? Is front bumper coverage more than enough or how much should I wrap?

If you have any of these questions, take a quick view at this 2 min video. We take a look at a X with 60,000 miles and NO clearbra and see how the paint has fared up to this point.

I know this isn't a Y, but this question has been brought up countless times by new Tesla owners considering clearbra (paint protection film) that I think this video will be too helpful not to share.

Do you REALLY need clearbra (paint protection film) for your Tesla? Is front bumper coverage more than enough or how much should I wrap?

If you have any of these questions, take a quick view at this 2 min video. We take a look at a X with 60,000 miles and NO clearbra and see how the paint has fared up to this point.

Depends on where you live, we have heavy salt and road debris in the NY/NJ area and i recommend on getting the clear bra for the car, rock chips are the worst.

Reactions: EVS Motors
We got in the new Ohlins Road & Track Coilovers for the Model 3 & Y. These are incredible. Totally night and day difference in ride comfort plus improved handling. Definitely recommend checking this kit out for those looking to upgrade their ride quality.