TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model Y Pre-ordering in Oz

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by rkaid, May 7, 2019.

1. rkaid

rkaid New Member

Hey there!

In the call in section of RightTheLightning 192, a caller from Byron bay said that she'd ordered the Y, yet when i go to the Tesla site and click "order" it redirects me to the Model S site. Can we pre-order the Y from Australia yet?

Thanks!

2. baillies

baillies Member

I cannot and I checked UK and they can order 3 but not Y so I guess we need to wait longer ;-(

3. Hovean

Hovean Member

Did she 'order' a Y or 'reserve' it?

4. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

There is an Order button for Model Y on the USA page for Model Y.
    I imagine she has done that and perhaps has a reservation.

5. rkaid

rkaid New Member

Yes, apologies, she said she reserved, not ordered.
    Obviously if i use my VPN to use present a US IP, i see the correct reserve page.
    Assuming thats what she did... i wonder why?

6. ittah

ittah Member

Heard that call on RTL podcast, thought it wasn’t right. Don’t think you would get any priority until it’s opened officially for Australia.

7. PaulW

PaulW Member

Anybody freaking out that maybe batteries won't be included? LOL

8. mmui90

mmui90 Member

That's right. You would think anyone thinking about a Y has learned their lesson from how long it's taken for the 3 to be ready to configure in Australia. I also think that's why Tesla hasn't allowed ordering or reservations for Australia.