Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y: Predictions

What will be unique about the Model Y? Select any or all

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also comes with a free unicorn, which will be totally awesome!

I’m in for the free unicorn.

Other than that, I have exactly zero need for nor interest in a Model Y/CUV and continue to hold out hope thereafter for an F250/350-killer pickup truck.

With that platform, a very serviceable single-parking space RV can be created. Tiny Homes of the EV Age, as it were.

Reactions: TonyPham
The Falcon Wing doors were designed to make it easier to get into the third row of the Model X and also for putting child seats in the car easier. There is no good reason to have them on the Model Y and I really hope they won't (and we have an X).

Now, suicide doors without a B-pillar, I might be in for that. Although it affects how the front and rear passengers exit (into the same space).

+1 on the more squared rear to optimize interior cargo space

I predict they will sell a lot more Model Y than Model 3 in the UK where compact SUVs and hatchbacks rule over more conventional saloons/sedans.

Falcon wing doors are IMHO extremely unlikely due to cost and production complexity. This is intended to be a profit making volume production car, so it will almost certainly have conventional doors like all other profit making volume production cars on the market.

So I'm expecting a raised up M3 with bigger luggage space to take on the likes of the BMW X3 etc. Could be a great second family car if they get it right.