TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model Y Price Decrease

Discussion in 'Model Y' started by Fred42, Jun 8, 2019.

1. Fred42

Fred42 Member

I ordered a Y LR AWD on April 24. I just noticed that the price of a current build is $1,000 lower. I don't know the date of the price change, but when I checked previously it was unchanged. I'm not concerned. Maybe the price will change again, and Tesla will give me the current price when I get it if it's lower than my order price (if I don't succumb to an S in the meantime).

2. Watts_Up

Watts_Up Member

[​IMG]

The current Model Y price is $1,000 lower than on the Elon Musk unveil day, March 14 2019

March 14, 2019 - Model Y - Price Line Up
    $39,000 - Model Y - Standard Range - Rear-Wheel Drive
    $47,000 - Model Y - Long Range - Rear-Wheel Drive
    $51,000 - Model Y - Long Range - Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
    $60,000 - Model Y - Long Range - Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive - Performance

Today June 9, 2019
    $48,000 - Model Y - Long Range - Rear-Wheel Drive
    $52,000 - Model Y - Long Range - Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
    $61,000 - Model Y - Long Range - Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive - Performance

Note: I ordered also a Model Y LR AWD on April 29, 2019 and get the same price as the today price.

• Disagree x 1
  3. Fred42

Fred42 Member

I thought my LR AWD Y with 5-seat interior, MSM, black interior, aero wheels and FSD was $62,500 + destination. Now it shows $61,500. I see that's also the price my account shows. I don't know if they updated it or if I remembered wrong. I did make a last minute decision to go with standard wheels, but that saves $1500 not $1000. Maybe I just remembered wrong.

4. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Active Member

It's a LONG time before you need to worry about it. There may be numerous price and feature changes before then.

5. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

The bottom looks higher than the top. /confused

6. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Member

Shouldn’t the title say $1000 increase? When or if the price drops back to what it was on preview day, I will flip to white seats.

7. commasign

commasign TeslaAdviceBlog.com

There's only been one price change since unveil and that was a $1000 increase. I ordered Y LR RWD with blue paint, standard wheels, white interior, 7 seats, AP, and FSD. $60500 original price. $61500 for new builds.

8. Snow Drift

Snow Drift Slip Start: [Activated]