Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Price Decrease

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Fred42

Dec 24, 2018
Pennsylvania
I ordered a Y LR AWD on April 24. I just noticed that the price of a current build is $1,000 lower. I don't know the date of the price change, but when I checked previously it was unchanged. I'm not concerned. Maybe the price will change again, and Tesla will give me the current price when I get it if it's lower than my order price (if I don't succumb to an S in the meantime).

• Funny
Reactions: vjason
I ordered a Y LR AWD on April 24.
I just noticed that the price of a current build is $1,000 lower.

I don't know the date of the price change, but when I checked previously it was unchanged. I'm not concerned.
Maybe the price will change again, and Tesla will give me the current price when I get it if it's lower than my order price
(if I don't succumb to an S in the meantime).

Model-Y-lineup-Tesla-1024x576.jpg

The current Model Y price is $1,000 lower than on the Elon Musk unveil day, March 14 2019

March 14, 2019 - Model Y - Price Line Up
$39,000 - Model Y - Standard Range - Rear-Wheel Drive
$47,000 - Model Y - Long Range - Rear-Wheel Drive
$51,000 - Model Y - Long Range - Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
$60,000 - Model Y - Long Range - Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive - Performance

Today June 9, 2019
$48,000 - Model Y - Long Range - Rear-Wheel Drive
$52,000 - Model Y - Long Range - Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
$61,000 - Model Y - Long Range - Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive - Performance

Note: I ordered also a Model Y LR AWD on April 29, 2019 and get the same price as the today price.

Model-Y-lineup-Tesla-1024x576.jpg

The current Model Y price is $1,000 lower than on the Elon Musk unveil day, March 14 2019

Today June 9, 2019

Note: I ordered also a Model Y LR AWD on April 29, 2019 and get the same price as the today price.
I thought my LR AWD Y with 5-seat interior, MSM, black interior, aero wheels and FSD was $62,500 + destination. Now it shows $61,500. I see that's also the price my account shows. I don't know if they updated it or if I remembered wrong. I did make a last minute decision to go with standard wheels, but that saves $1500 not $1000. Maybe I just remembered wrong.

Today June 9, 2019
The bottom looks higher than the top. /confused

There's only been one price change since unveil and that was a $1000 increase. I ordered Y LR RWD with blue paint, standard wheels, white interior, 7 seats, AP, and FSD. $60500 original price. $61500 for new builds.

Supply, demand and state of subsidies. If subsidies go up, Tesla will increase the price to capture some of that.

It’s pretty advantageous to lock in a reservation with Tesla.

You get the better of the two deals - your reservation or the prevailing price when you take delivery.

I may lock in a Y now since I was considering white anyway.

There was another thread on pre-ordering and "locking-in" the price. Someone from Tesla told one of the forum members that is not true. Nor does your reservation reserve a spot in the line when production starts. In short, it is a waste to pre-order.

• Informative
Reactions: voltage

Today June 9, 2019

Ummm 47 < 48, 52 < 52, and 60 < 61. In case you forgot how larger than and less than symbols work, think of it as Pacman trying to eat the bigger number. Nomm Nomm Nomm.

There was another thread on pre-ordering and "locking-in" the price. Someone from Tesla told one of the forum members that is not true. Nor does your reservation reserve a spot in the line when production starts. In short, it is a waste to pre-order.
My understanding is the Model S, X, and 3 had reservations in the early stages of the product lifecycle, but Model Y only has orders. There's a bit of a difference there.

Orders of any Tesla vehicle where Tesla doesn't honor the agreed upon price is a big deal. I'd like to see some links to examples where that is the case.

Reactions: Ulmo
My understanding is the Model S, X, and 3 had reservations in the early stages of the product lifecycle, but Model Y only has orders. There's a bit of a difference there.

Orders of any Tesla vehicle where Tesla doesn't honor the agreed upon price is a big deal. I'd like to see some links to examples where that is the case.
There was a price snafu on the Model 3 CPOs last week. Website prices dropped to $34K for P3D and $33k AWD LR for all of their CPO listings. Tesla refused to honor any orders.

• Disagree
  • Informative
Reactions: preilly44 and Ulmo
There was a price snafu on the Model 3 CPOs last week. Website prices dropped to $34K for P3D and $33k AWD LR for all of their CPO listings. Tesla refused to honor any orders.
Internet / web snafus are a bit of a different animal. If Amazon.com accidentally lists a top of the line Dell monitor for $1 because some web author or data monkey screwed up, I wouldn't expect them to honor it.

I was referring something more not-act-of-god-ish like them not honoring a "normal, documented price" ordered on Tuesday because on Thursday the price of a package went up $1000.

Also, CPOs aren't an "order" either so it's a bit of a different thing as well.