Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y price decreased but 7seat, Color and FSD increased ??!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same thing happened to me! I ordered a Model Y, seven seater, back in March of 2022 and my original agreement was 12k for FSD and 3k for seven seater but now there's a new agreement for 15k for FSD and 4k for seven seater. I'm curious if this has happened to other people as well? My husband and I have been trying to get Tesla to honor the original FSD and seven seater pricing before our delivery this Friday but have been getting the run around.

Reactions: AJ..
Same thing happened to me! I ordered a Model Y, seven seater, back in March of 2022 and my original agreement was 12k for FSD and 3k for seven seater but now there's a new agreement for 15k for FSD and 4k for seven seater. I'm curious if this has happened to other people as well? My husband and I have been trying to get Tesla to honor the original FSD and seven seater pricing before our delivery this Friday but have been getting the run around.
Surely you’re still receiving a discount over the previously agreed to price. I’m sure they’ll honor the original pricing for FSD and the third row if you honor the original MSRP. 👍🏻

Reactions: MP3Mike and WyoDude
Dump the FSD. Not real and not worth $12,000, let alone $15,000. You can rent it for $200 a month if you must. That's 75 months worth at $15k.

Reactions: Wahiawahi
Hi Grappa, Any luck with Tesla honoring the previous prices ? how's the delivery ?

Model Y price decreased but 7seat, Color and FSD increased !
Does Tesla adjust option prices that were locked in ? I ordered in August 2022 before the current FSD increase ?
Thanks

There is no such thing as "option prices locked in". There is a locked in price of the car itself. You want to eat your cake and have it too, by getting both the lower vehicle price from now, and the pricing of the options from "back then". You get to pick one or the other, like every single other car manufacturer that lets you order cars.

Reactions: WyoDude
FSD should be locked though. That is odd.
But if you live in the US I don't know why you'd pay for FSD. Just subscribe as needed. FSD seems like a headache unless you intend to start a YT channel about FSD Beta...LOL
I had the option to pay $10,700 CAD!! end of Oct 2022 when new price was $18.5K and I still declined. I did hum and hah a little bit because we don't have subscription option in Canada but if I had subscription option I wouldn't even think about buying FSD outright.

FSD should be locked though. That is odd.
But if you live in the US I don't know why you'd pay for FSD. Just subscribe as needed. FSD seems like a headache unless you intend to start a YT channel about FSD Beta...LOL
I had the option to pay $10,700 CAD!! end of Oct 2022 when new price was $18.5K and I still declined. I did hum and hah a little bit because we don't have subscription option in Canada but if I had subscription option I wouldn't even think about buying FSD outright.
Thanks arbitrage000, I am in Canada too. I don't know how good it works or not especially living 6-8 months winters, I am debating if I should get it or not?

There is no such thing as "option prices locked in". There is a locked in price of the car itself. You want to eat your cake and have it too, by getting both the lower vehicle price from now, and the pricing of the options from "back then". You get to pick one or the other, like every single other car manufacturer that lets you order cars.
I am only asking for locked price for FSD, I am happy to pay the msm color and 7 seat increase.

I am only asking for locked price for FSD, I am happy to pay the msm color and 7 seat increase.
I did see a post on Reddit where someone got an official reply from Tesla that they aren't honoring the FSD prices anymore. I guess they are trying to make up revenue for all that is lost with the drastic price decrease.

I still don't think FSD is worth it. I'd rather drive the car than babysit it. Even with just basic (free) AP you can turn it on on city streets in stop and go traffic as long as you have a lead car (as it won't respond to stop signs and lights). AP isn't restricted to highways although it is using highway code to drive normal roads so not as good as FSD Beta code.
Even in moderate rain FSD is unavailable unless you had it active before the rain starts and don't shut it off.
I wouldn't trust it in the snow as I've found that anything but really smooth controlled regen causes the rear end to move in snow. I want to control it myself with very smooth throttle and not have FSD do more abrupt throttle movements.
There are some YT videos from Canadians in the snow. It does work if it isn't actually snowing but it really needs babysitting in that scenario.