Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y price drop - status of refund request

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

I am with everyone else on the boost issue, that it's not really an issue. You got what you paid for in regards to performance. It would be like complaining that you have to pay extra for an app for your smartphone since it didn't come with it. Tesla is following the Apple business model and they plan to come up with more and more things they can sell for your car through their own app store.

But the 450 miles is criminal. And they should have given you the $3K. I am with you all the way on those items. That's like a $6K kick to the you-know-whats.

I am with everyone else on the boost issue, that it's not really an issue. You got what you paid for in regards to performance. It would be like complaining that you have to pay extra for an app for your smartphone since it didn't come with it. Tesla is following the Apple business model and they plan to come up with more and more things they can sell for your car through their own app store.

But the 450 miles is criminal. And they should have given you the $3K. I am with you all the way on those items. That's like a $6K kick to the you-know-whats.

So when I placed my order for my LR AWD MY pearl white/black interior/geminis in late June, I was content with paying the $52,990 + tax and fees for the car. The form told me I had a 4-6 week wait ahead of me, so I settled in and didn't think about it. About 10 days later, I got a VIN and was told my car would be ready in 2 days on July 7. Picked up in Fremont, so that may have had something to do with the quick turn.

I texted Tesla back and told them I needed more time as I hadn't gotten financing set yet and wasn't expecting it so quick. They texted back saying they could only hold the VIN until July 9, so I agreed to pick it up then. Went down there and despite a few small body issues (wasn't a huge deal), accepted delivery.

On these very forums, I found out that the price of the MY dropped by $3,000 less than 24 hours after I took delivery. Yes, I was pretty salty. The optics were bad. They told me they could only hold the car until 1 day before a price drop? Maybe it was just a coincidence, but it still sucked.

I chatted and sent a few generic emails to customer service. Even did the survey and complained about it. Then, I got in touch with my sales advisor, and sent him a very polite email. My mama told me it's easier to catch more flies with honey than vinegar. At first he told me there was nothing he could do, and that he was just as surprised as I was.

A few days later, I get an email and he had tried to escalate my situation with his management team. Told me it was a long shot, and to not expect much more than maybe a Tesla store credit.

Fast forward to today. Got an email with good news. I'm getting a rebate check for $3k + CA taxes. Boom!

Happy with my Tesla again.
Can I get the number of the people you talked with for a refund due to the price drop? Was it regular customer service or a specific department?