Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y price outdated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model Y base price of $48K did not change. The biggest change is that AP is now included in the base price (I think it was a $3k option before). Also the prices of the color options have changed to match model 3 making pearl white $2k? cheaper than before and my choice of blue $500 cheaper now. I wonder if Tesla will discount existing orders to match the price changes or if we would need to cancel and reorder to get the new options and pricing.
We've placed previous orders in the past for the S, 3 and X and Tesla always lowered the prices before we took delivery. I assume they will do the same for our Y order.

• Helpful
Reactions: Saxena and lazybot
I would wait. Don't lose your place in line (so to speak).
Tesla will likely update your order details to match the current option pricing in the coming weeks.
There will be other price adjustments until you are given the final option to adjust your order prior to build (mid 2020).

One issue anyway is to get the Towing option, which is not (yet) listed and one of the reasons for replacing my Model 3 with a Model Y

I would wait in fact until the Towing will be available, I wonder then what Tesla will do with my reservation?

- Can I keep my reservation or would Tesla cancel it if I don't make an order?

Same problem, after login to my account the editing link "https :// www. tesla. com/ teslaaccount/edit-design/RNXXXXXXXXX" is not working.

Note: There is a $4,000 drop from my order 3 months ago:

$ 2,000 .......... Pearl White Multi-Coat
$ 3,000 ........... Autopilot
$ 5,000 ........... Full Self-Driving Capability
------------------------------------------------------
$10,000 .......... May 2019

Included .......... Pearl White Multi-Coat
Included ........... Autopilot
$ 6,000 ........... Full Self-Driving Capability
------------------------------------------------------
$ 6,000 .......... August 2019

Should I make a new reservation to take advantage of the current $6,000 which might change to $7,000 August 16?

One issue anyway is to get the Towing option, which is not (yet) listed and one of the reasons for replacing my Model 3 with a Model Y

The Edit Design button is now working . I went ahead and updated my reservation to the new pricing (no config changes). No need to make new reservation IMHO.

My order is now $500 less than before the price changes and I now get AP free (I originally didn't spec it). Can't wait for my Performance Y in red, but I really need to know the towing numbers before I can commit. Come on Musk don't leave us hanging!

Any chance that towing would be standard on all Model Y? Not expecting it but it seems it would simplify things from a manufacturing perspective rather than separating towing from non towing. Maybe a delivery center add on?

Dan
It's quite possible. Originally, it was an option on the X. They also had an "accessory" tow hitch as well. Eventually, they just made the tow package standard.

Reactions: Watts_Up
I reserved when they first released and my car price is $47,000 for a black long range rear wheel drive. Under "Your Design" it lists the following:
  • Model Y
  • Long Range Rear-Wheel Drive
  • Solid Black Paint
  • 18’’ Aero Wheels
  • All Black Premium Interior
  • Five Seat Interior
Does this mean mine won't have autopilot?

I reserved when they first released and my car price is $47,000 for a black long range rear wheel drive. Under "Your Design" it lists the following:
  • Model Y
  • Solid Black Paint
  • 18’’ Aero Wheels
  • Five Seat Interior
Correct, no EAP since you didn't order it. If you really want EAP, then go and edit your order to the new pricing which includes a lot of EAP as a standard feature.

• Model Y
  • Solid Black Paint
  • 18’’ Aero Wheels
  • Five Seat Interior

Do not update your order, if you do you will see a price increase of 1,750.00 since they have increased base price by 1000.00 and black paint is 750.00 now. All cars should have basic AP (TACC and AS), I doubt they would single you out.