Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y price outdated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lol. A guy in the investment thread said last night at 8pm that there's no way Tesla will need to lower prices again. 15 minutes later, Reuters reported Tesla was lowering prices across the board.

Their reputation for being late is why they intentionally gave a very conservative date. Not to mention they didn't want to cannibalize model 3 sales.

But, it's my guess - obviously I have no idea.

For current model 3 owner
Are you guys going to get it right away like model 3 first came out
Or wait it out a little bit first?

We will wait. Want to wait for Tesla to work out the kinks. The federal tax credit will have expired and will wait for HW 4.0 currently under development.

We also like to spread out our auto purchases. For a two car family, ideally a new car every 5 years with keeping a car for 10 years.

The Model Y is tempting us to push up our replacement cycle. =)

Reactions: spurs10
For current model 3 owner
Are you guys going to get it right away like model 3 first came out
Or wait it out a little bit first?
Waiting until they run through their first round of demand and offer some form of quarter end discount. After getting in early on the 3 and seeing them lower prices, I don't see any benefit of being an early adopter here.

I looked on the Model Y page and saw that it now comes with basic autopilot, and FSD is $6,000. This is $2,000 LESS than what I paid for both EAP and FSD with my Model 3. Has it always been this way with Model Y?

I just speced a white Dual Motor Long Range Model Y with 19" Sport wheels, black interior and FSD for the exact same price that I paid for my blue Dual Motor Long Range Model 3 with 18" aero wheels, black interior and FSD. Am I missing something? That's crazy! I thought a comparably equipped Model Y would be at least 5K more.

Dan

I looked on the Model Y page and saw that it now comes with basic autopilot, and FSD is $6,000. This is $2,000 LESS than what I paid for both EAP and FSD with my Model 3. Has it always been this way with Model Y?

I just speced a white Dual Motor Long Range Model Y with 19" Sport wheels, black interior and FSD for the exact same price that I paid for my blue Dual Motor Long Range Model 3 with 18" aero wheels, black interior and FSD. Am I missing something? That's crazy! I thought a comparably equipped Model Y would be at least 5K more.

Dan

Dan,

I have been tracking the changes of the base price of the Model Y (among the S, 3, & X). The Base price of the the Model Y trims remains the same since the $1,000 price increase on 3/21/2019. It happens to be the various base price changes to the model 3 trims and the included $3,000 AP option make the Y's final price much better.

Tesla Model 3 Base Price History (5).png

Edit: I have not charted the Model Y as the base price is stable: LR-RWD $48K, LR-AWD $52K, LR-AWD-P $61K.

Last edited:
Edit design button doesn't work, is that just me?
Same problem, after login to my account the editing link "https :// www. tesla. com/ teslaaccount/edit-design/RNXXXXXXXXX" is not working.

Note: There is a $4,000 drop from my order 3 months ago:

$ 2,000 .......... Pearl White Multi-Coat
$ 3,000 ........... Autopilot
$ 5,000 ........... Full Self-Driving Capability
------------------------------------------------------
$10,000 .......... May 2019

Included .......... Pearl White Multi-Coat
Included ........... Autopilot
$ 6,000 ........... Full Self-Driving Capability
$ 6,000 .......... August 2019

Should I make a new reservation to take advantage of the current $6,000 which might change to $7,000 August 16?

One issue anyway is to get the Towing option, which is not (yet) listed and one of the reasons for replacing my Model 3 with a Model Y

Last edited:
Model Y base price of $48K did not change. The biggest change is that AP is now included in the base price (I think it was a $3k option before). Also the prices of the color options have changed to match model 3 making pearl white $2k? cheaper than before and my choice of blue $500 cheaper now. I wonder if Tesla will discount existing orders to match the price changes or if we would need to cancel and reorder to get the new options and pricing.

Same problem, after login to my account the editing link Tesla SSO – Login is not working.

Note: There is a $4,000 drop from my order 3 months ago:

$ 2,000 .......... Pearl White Multi-Coat
$ 3,000 ........... Autopilot
$ 5,000 ........... Full Self-Driving Capability
$10,000 .......... May 2019

Included .......... Pearl White Multi-Coat
Included ........... Autopilot
$ 6,000 ........... Full Self-Driving Capability
$ 6,000 .......... August 2019

Should I make a new reservation to take advantage of the current $6,000 which might change to $7,000 August 16?

One issue anyway is to get the Towing option, which is not (yet) listed and one of the reasons for replacing my Model 3 with a Model Y

I would wait. Don't lose your place in line (so to speak). Tesla will likely update your order details to match the current option pricing in the coming weeks. There will be other price adjustments until you are given the final option to adjust your order prior to build (mid 2020).