Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Price reduction of $3000!!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello All,

Just looked on the Tesla website and It seems most models are seeing a price reduction!!

My Modely Y I have ordered has just come down $3000!!!! If you have ordered one might be worth a call into your sales rep to ask about it. Great news on Tesla's behave.
Thought I would share this news...

Yeah and they also eliminated the configuration that I have ordered. Performance WITHOUT PUP (I wanted the 20” induction wheels)...... SO, am I SOL? Will I have to change my configuration to match a the current offering?

EDIT: I just did a chat with Tesla and they told me they are still producing my configuration..... Performance BUT with 20” induction wheels.

Last edited:
Reactions: RobDeBank
Yeah and they also eliminated the configuration that I have ordered. Performance WITHOUT PUP (I wanted the 20” induction wheels)...... SO, am I SOL? Will I have to change my configuration to match a the current offering?

EDIT: I just did a chat with Tesla and they told me they are still producing my configuration..... Performance BUT with 20” induction wheels.
Did they confirm that its still 'Stealth' version?

Ok, I just wonder if its a full PUP but with 20" wheels, instead of Performance without PUP. Hoping that's not the case, I have "Stealth" P with 20"s on order myself.

I hear ya. I want the performance but I drive 35k miles per year..... I would be changing tires every 6 months with the 21” ubers with offset tire sizes. Plus I need as much range as possible.

I took delivery of a white performance TMY with FSD and white interior about two weeks ago, priced at 68,990. I just priced it out the same configuration on Tesla website and comes to ....68,990. My break down on billing was 60,990 for Tesla Model Y AWD-P, 7,000 for FSD and 1,000 for white interior. So it looks like the performance price went down $1000 and FSD went up $1000... thus no difference in price for me. It seems like a $1000 drop on performance.

Looks like if you get the $3k lower price by revising your order, that will trigger the FSD going up from $7k to $8k...? I would consider removing that option and buying it later (since it is the same price with or without vehicle) and possibly save the car sales tax...? Software purchased from one state to another usually carries no sales tax.. That will save $540 in Florida if this works...?

Looks like if you get the $3k lower price by revising your order, that will trigger the FSD going up from $7k to $8k...? I would consider removing that option and buying it later (since it is the same price with or without vehicle) and possibly save the car sales tax...? Software purchased from one state to another usually carries no sales tax.. That will save $540 in Florida if this works...?
I don’t think the tax plan will work unless vehicles are taxed at a significantly higher rate than other sales, but certainly no point in adding it now if you don’t want the features immediately. Elon will probably tell everyone before the FSD price increases again.

well, if you buy FSD separately afterwards, I am not sure if insurance will cover it if the car gets totaled . Something to think about and may be get a clarification from the insurance company.

The option to purchase FSD in Florida has sales tax added, the total shows $8530 in the app.
B4DA99E3-1A52-4ACC-B8F3-1CE923E29646.jpeg