Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Quality Issues Poll

How do you rate the quality (build and other) of your Model Y?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have not seen a poll like this in a while, so thought it might be useful to get input on how owner's perceive the quality of their Model Ys. Seems like many are very happy, but this forum gives the impression that there are many issues and problems, which is to be expected of a car forum. To be clear, the questions are about quality of the machine - not whether you like the car or not.

If you think I should word the question or responses differently, please let me know.

Not sure if there is space, but would be helpful if you could also post the first few digits of your VIN, so we can tell if quality really is improving.

I have not seen a poll like this in a while, so thought it might be useful to get input on how owner's perceive the quality of their Model Ys. Seems like many are very happy, but this forum gives the impression that there are many issues and problems, which is to be expected of a car forum. To be clear, the questions are about quality of the machine - not whether you like the car or not.

If you think I should word the question or responses differently, please let me know.

Not sure if there is space, but would be helpful if you could also post the first few digits of your VIN, so we can tell if quality really is improving.
000.... Rear Seat back issue. Otherwise ok!

I had glass and frunk good gap issues that were pretty ugly looking. Granted service center corrected them In 3 business days and looks flawless. Would have preferred the condition it is in now when I had picked it up though...

I've only had my car for 3 weeks but the only issue I have is that my driver door sits slightly proud of the rear door - otherwise this seems like any other car I've owned quality wise.

3k VIN. Just had a nasty paint scratch (probably from transport), some misalignment, and some rattles. Your regular Tesla experience at this point.
Most rattles have been fixed by mobile and am still actively watching out (err, listening?) for them. Especially that annoying one coming from the rear bench.

I found and reported a few minor issues with our 75xxx. I spent a solid 30 minutes looking over the car at delivery and detailed it the next morning to inspect it further. There were two difficult to see dings, a little adhesive was showing on the headliner, the passenger door stuck out a tiny bit, and one of the taillights was aligned to the body but also somehow sticking out a little more than it should have (hard to describe). I wasn’t worried about their ability to fix the dings or the glue and I could live with the two minor panel issues if necessary. Fast forward a couple weeks and we had our service appointment. Everything was fixed and we had a loaner. No drama. The car has otherwise been great with about 1,000 miles so far.

I was put off by Tesla’s whole “find your own issues” approach. I get why they do it but that doesn’t make it any less irritating. Hopefully they’ll eventually adopt a similar process to BMW (and most others I’m sure) of dealing with these cosmetic issues at the port pre-delivery. Anyway, there are so many concerning stories on these threads - I thought I’d post a fairly painless experience.