Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Quality

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a blue Model Y LR with tow hitch 4/11. It was delivered 6/3. The MY I received has no lumbar support on the passenger side or radar. Today mobile service installed a Homelink and fixed a door seal. Prior to ordering a spent a lot of time on this and other forums. Like others, I had predelivery quality concerns. I am a long-time owner of BMW X5. So far I am very happy with the MY. The ride quality is very similar to the BMW except the MY steering is tighter and the acceleration easily exceeds the X5. Overall the BMW is made of more substantial material but the fit and finish is about the same between the two. The technology the MY has is unequaled and it is just plain fun to drive. I am going to try to talk my wife into retiring her Suburban for a Cybertruck!

Attachments

• Tesla MY.jpg
    Tesla MY.jpg
    652.2 KB · Views: 102
I ordered a blue Model Y LR with tow hitch 4/11. It was delivered 6/3. The MY I received has no lumbar support on the passenger side or radar. Today mobile service installed a Homelink and fixed a door seal. Prior to ordering a spent a lot of time on this and other forums. Like others, I had predelivery quality concerns. I am a long-time owner of BMW X5. So far I am very happy with the MY. The ride quality is very similar to the BMW except the MY steering is tighter and the acceleration easily exceeds the X5. Overall the BMW is made of more substantial material but the fit and finish is about the same between the two. The technology the MY has is unequaled and it is just plain fun to drive. I am going to try to talk my wife into retiring her Suburban for a Cybertruck!
There are different steering modes available in the settings.

I took delivery one week ago and the car was flawless.

Reactions: cancoi
I received my demo DMB/Black MYLR 5-seater (passenger lumbar and radar, VIN 174XXX) this past Saturday. Impressed with the fit and finish and actually was better than the two Ford Mach-E's we considered. It also was better than my MIL's 2020 MYLR, which we initially thought was stellar. We only had two issues: The trunk 2nd row releases did not function and the passenger wiper doesn't spray. Otherwise, it's great!

Reactions: BitJam
I agree with the stellar quality lately. I took delivery of my MYLR MSM/white 7-seater about 10 days ago. The only issue I found is a misaligned front fog light and some of the cables from the 2nd row seat back side is sticking out. I had a 2018 M3LR RWD and boy, paint issues were everywhere and I had SC took it in twice totaled almost 2 months time but since I had a loner car I saved about 6k miles on it. I am just saying my comb is tight and the paint, door gap, fit/finish is so much better now. I just dropped it off for the above 2 items and getting the home link installed. The steering is a tad bit stiff compared to my M3 though.

I took delivery of a MYLR in Tampa last week and can happily report no real issues. There was a minor alignment needed on the left taillight assembly, which was fixed by Tesla Mobile maintenance today when they also installed the home link. Like Beartheonus, I spent way too much time studying the forums for what nasty things to expect. I used a three-page checklist that someone on this forum posted. I am very happy with this vehicle. Now I almost look forward to hitting the red stoplights so I can punch it. Very addicting.