Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Rear Cargo Mat DIY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Disclaimer: I am in no way associated/affiliated with WeatherTech.

After transporting several cases of wine home and hearing them slide around and clink we new that something had to be done.
I always wanted to do some type of project with the TechFloor product, other than my garage floor.
What you see in the picture are 2 - 20" deep by 36" wide mats end to end, one covers each cargo floor panel.
These are the Premium TechFloor tiles with the square rubber nubs.
I ordered the following in box quantities of 10 ;
10 - 12" x 12" tiles
20 - 12" x 3" tiles
10 - 12" x 2" taper edges
There are some pieces left over, maybe I'll do the cargo hold later.
Let your imaginations run wild with the possibilities, I should have done the floor of our Metris van this way.

Image.jpeg
1654381589566.jpeg

Last edited:
Around $106 total, I had to place a second order for 10 more 12" X 3" so I may have paid some extra shipping.
The 12" X 3" are "right side loop" and the beveled ends are "with tabs".

Plenty of colors to match Tesla's, just go to the WeatherTech site and check out the TechFlooring options.
Blue, Dark Grey, White, Red, Black.
If you go for it, a RUBBER mallet is the way to go to pound them together, anything too hard will mare the tile.
If you are going to try to cut them, I don't know how well the rubber nubs will take to cutting.

I'll trim the extra loops off with a Dremel wheel after I know that I won't be changing anything.