TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model Y Rear Crash Bar / Impact Bumper Beam

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by drewfaulk, Nov 12, 2020.

1. drewfaulk

drewfaulk Member

This crash bar came off my 2020 MY when I replaced it with the Tesla factory tow hitch (aftermarket hitch keeps the crash bar, but the factory one replaces it). Don’t know what it’s worth, but I’m asking $325 plus shipping. Thanks!

Attached Files:

• Like x 1
  2. RoBoRaT

RoBoRaT Zero Farts Given!

I am not buying, but wanna ask you if I may.

Did you DiY install the Factory Tow Hitch?
    If so, did you save some $ vs SC installation, and were you able to get SW change with tow function?

Thanks. GLWS!

3. drewfaulk

drewfaulk Member

I did. I bought the part from a third party for $600. It was important to me to have the factory trailer wiring harness and plug for some reason (wiring works fine and was plug-and-play). I don’t really care about getting the software updated since the trailer wiring works. I imagine it would prevent the ultrasonic sensors from beeping in reverse when you have a trailer hooked up, but I think I can live with that. I made a few videos of the process where I did things a little differently that some of the aftermarket companies recommend that I might upload, but the last video I did (showing where I set up my model 3 web browser to open my garage) got more downvotes than up, so I’m not sure my videos are useful to anyone but me :) I think I saw a video where someone said it took them 4 hours. This is unfathomable to me, as the whole process was less than an hour and fifteen minutes start-to-finish. I could do it in under an hour now.

• Funny x 1
  4. K2500Z71

K2500Z71 Member

You might try selling this to an auto parts recycler rather than sell it here. Anyone that needs one is likely to be handling it as an insurance claim (from being rear-ended)

5. drewfaulk

drewfaulk Member

Great idea. Thanks!