Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Rear Crash Bar / Impact Bumper Beam

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This crash bar came off my 2020 MY when I replaced it with the Tesla factory tow hitch (aftermarket hitch keeps the crash bar, but the factory one replaces it). Don’t know what it’s worth, but I’m asking $325 plus shipping. Thanks!

Attachments

• 0AB43DB9-6269-4BA8-AAA7-0BADF17203E1.jpeg
    0AB43DB9-6269-4BA8-AAA7-0BADF17203E1.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 152
  • 0F0F0102-2D2D-4034-B3DC-A930EF15F729.jpeg
    0F0F0102-2D2D-4034-B3DC-A930EF15F729.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 99
Reactions: RoBoRaT
This crash bar came off my 2020 MY when I replaced it with the Tesla factory tow hitch (aftermarket hitch keeps the crash bar, but the factory one replaces it). Don’t know what it’s worth, but I’m asking $325 plus shipping. Thanks!

I am not buying, but wanna ask you if I may.

Did you DiY install the Factory Tow Hitch?
If so, did you save some $ vs SC installation, and were you able to get SW change with tow function?

Thanks. GLWS!

I am not buying, but wanna ask you if I may.

Did you DiY install the Factory Tow Hitch?
If so, did you save some $ vs SC installation, and were you able to get SW change with tow function?

Thanks. GLWS!

I did. I bought the part from a third party for $600. It was important to me to have the factory trailer wiring harness and plug for some reason (wiring works fine and was plug-and-play). I don’t really care about getting the software updated since the trailer wiring works. I imagine it would prevent the ultrasonic sensors from beeping in reverse when you have a trailer hooked up, but I think I can live with that. I made a few videos of the process where I did things a little differently that some of the aftermarket companies recommend that I might upload, but the last video I did (showing where I set up my model 3 web browser to open my garage) got more downvotes than up, so I’m not sure my videos are useful to anyone but me :) I think I saw a video where someone said it took them 4 hours. This is unfathomable to me, as the whole process was less than an hour and fifteen minutes start-to-finish. I could do it in under an hour now.

• Funny
Reactions: RoBoRaT