Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Rear Ended. Thoughts on total loss?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was rear ended by commercial F-350 dually on Friday the 13th and dealing with the at fault driver’s commercial policy. Adjuster states based on photos he thinks it’s repairable. I’m hoping it’s totaled for reasons already discussed on this thread. @MauiY would love to chat on the side with you on your experience and if you may have advice?

Attachments

• IMG_8989.jpeg
    IMG_8989.jpeg
    496.3 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_8995.jpeg
    IMG_8995.jpeg
    474.6 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_8990.jpeg
    IMG_8990.jpeg
    504 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_8998.jpeg
    IMG_8998.jpeg
    516 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_8996.jpeg
    IMG_8996.jpeg
    455.8 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_9026.jpeg
    IMG_9026.jpeg
    551.6 KB · Views: 45
Was rear ended by commercial F-350 dually on Friday the 13th and dealing with the at fault driver’s commercial policy. Adjuster states based on photos he thinks it’s repairable. I’m hoping it’s totaled for reasons already discussed on this thread. @MauiY would love to chat on the side with you on your experience and if you may have advice?
do you see any battery related errors?
if the battery got damaged then it should be totaled for sure.

Yikes! That might be the worst damage I've seen posted around here. If the OP's car was totalled, it would be hard to believe that this one isn't totalled.

Reactions: ultramyp
UPDATE: Car has been deemed a total loss, which we are very happy about. The payout is going to be roughly $68k not including the aftermarket wheels and tires, which I just provided invoices for to them. I should have the updated payout today. We weren't going to feel comfortable driving that car again, not the mention the diminished value if we decided to sell it and the time it would take to repair. I appreciate the feedback and opinions from all that contributed. It was very helpful to have. I hope this thread will help others if they encounter the same issue. I have to say that I am pretty impressed with our insurance company, Liberty Mutual. This is our fist claim and we are impressed with how quickly they have acted on this.
Glad to hear it! Have family on Maui, and was hoping things turned out the best for you. Will you be getting another, or taking a break from Tesla after this?