Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Reservation - $58,990 - Can Edit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla is tired of people order cars and flipping them for profit - the post clearly demonstrated that intent, Tesla is free to do whatever they like with their waiting line for cars. They traditionally have supported a mostly first-come-first-served approach but as line-scalpers got in the way of people who actually wanted a car they've become fairly aggressive against flipping.

PSA - they ended up giving this reservation to another family member but Tesla canceled it. Tesla said they cancelled due process to it being posted on TMC. Don’t know how but looks Tesla is monitoring this forum or someone here tipped off Tesla. Be careful.

Not sure how Tesla could "cancelled process to it being posted on TMC". TMC doesnt have any relationship with Tesla itself. Yes, they do have people who look at social media posts here and elsewhere, but I doubt that the registration (that was stated as being posted on behalf of a relative) had the name "nutterbutter" on it.

There would be no way for them to tie it to the family member you mention you posted for.

They dont allow it though, so Im not surprised they canceled it, but I doubt seriously that your specific reservation was canceled because it was posted on TMC.

"Asking price is $2,250 for reservation" - this is a violation of the reservation terms
Noted. I should have updated this post, but because folks were low balling, just ended up giving it to a nephew. So, mere posting it for sale is the violation?
Not sure how Tesla could "cancelled process to it being posted on TMC". TMC doesnt have any relationship with Tesla itself. Yes, they do have people who look at social media posts here and elsewhere, but I doubt that the registration (that was stated as being posted on behalf of a relative) had the name "nutterbutter" on it.

There would be no way for them to tie it to the family member you mention you posted for.

They dont allow it though, so Im not surprised they canceled it, but I doubt seriously that your specific reservation was canceled because it was posted on TMC.
The Tesla specifically called out the "Tesla Motor Forums", which is what caught him off guard. I striked all PII, so I am really confused. Lessons learned. 5 minutes after the call, the reservation disappeared from his account.

I suspect it's as simple as looking for listings offering reservations for sale, and then checking for said reservation attempting to be re-assigned at which point it's cancelled.

Reactions: HankLloydRight
I'm sorry. But I can see your reservation even you cross it out.

RN*6568944 That might be enough digits to identify.

I guess I should go to work for FBI.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-19 at 8.50.02 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-11-19 at 8.50.02 PM.png
    226.6 KB · Views: 94