Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not Available Model Y reservation for sale

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Confused, can’t reservations be cancelled? Why would you try to sell it. Sounds like a lot of complications when anyone wanting one can order their own specific model with the features they want for the mere $100 deposit.
I could definitely cancel and simply get my deposit back from Tesla.

My order price is $4000 less than current order price for the same configuration. I would get $1000 from the buyer and they would get the other $3000 in savings off the new car.

Thanks for the suggestion. Getting a straight answer from anyone at Tesla for something like this is probably dubious at best. It doesn’t hurt to try but all information would need to be taken with a big grain of salt.
Agreed. It’s mostly because the SA’s themselves just don’t know plus Tesla being online direct sales you‘re essentially dealing with a computer where thing’s are black and white, yes or no. ”Grey” areas don‘t really exist without lots of effort…

I don’t recall, is your $2500 deposit fully refundable? Assuming it is, if you were both at the Tesla center together sitting in front of a screen trying to make it happen with an SA there is no harm to buyer or you. If it doesn’t work then you both just walk away. If it does you make $1k for your $2.5K depoit held all this time (interest) while someone saves some decent $ on a nice Y build.

Max

Agreed. It’s mostly because the SA’s themselves just don’t know plus Tesla being online direct sales you‘re essentially dealing with a computer where thing’s are black and white, yes or no. ”Grey” areas don‘t really exist without lots of effort…

I don’t recall, is your $2500 deposit fully refundable? Assuming it is, if you were both at the Tesla center together sitting in front of a screen trying to make it happen with an SA there is no harm to buyer or you. If it doesn’t work then you both just walk away. If it does you make $1k for your $2.5K depoit held all this time (interest) while someone saves some decent $ on a nice Y build.

Max
The deposit is fully refundable. I’m just offering to help a buyer who wants this specific configuration get a $3000 discount, and to get some ‘interest’ back on my deposit.

Tesla chat said reservations can’t be transferred so exchange would have to occur after I technically purchase car.

The deposit is fully refundable. I’m just offering to help a buyer who wants this specific configuration get a $3000 discount, and to get some ‘interest’ back on my deposit.

Tesla chat said reservations can’t be transferred so exchange would have to occur after I technically purchase car.
So the potential buyer would be the second titled owner of the car?

I purchased my Model Y this way a month ago. It was actually way easier than anyone here has offered.

The vehicle stayed attached to the original buyers Tesla account, but she was able to update all the buyer information to be mine for sale and registration. All the paperwork was in my name, and I paid with a personal check directly to Tesla at the time of pickup.

The original buyer was not present when I took delivery. I did not have app access so I had to use the manual key. After purchase, the SA helped the original buyer go into her app and initiate a transfer of the car to my account. The transfer was complete in less than 48 hours with no other proof of ownership required.

I enabled pin to drive until I had app access. There is a small risk that someone who didn't pay for the car has app access and could try to do something shady. Fortunately, Tesla was very supportive in getting it quickly transferred and this person was trustworthy.

I haven't yet received the title and registration. I expect it will be an original title in my name. I certainly consider myself the original owner.

I went through this trouble to get a MY SR for the original $39k price. The reservation was given to me by the holder for no additional fee since she was unable to find anyone willing to pay even an extra $400 to go through this hassle.

Totally worth it though! Love the car and saved several grand.

I would think this could work with a new delivery location. FWIW, we made all this happen after a VIN was assigned and only a day or two before acceptance was required.

The price did not go up when we changed the buyer info.

They also told me any changes and the price would probably go up. I was curious what would happen if I refused delivery and they didn't have another MY SR in my configuration. Fortunately, my car was super clean and I was very happy with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.