Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y rim around windows gets spots and discolors

parvatamaditya

Jun 24, 2021
Alpharetta
My model y black started getting spots around the windows on both sides.

fortunately Tesla is fixing for free.

does anyone has the same issue? it’s being said it is due to car wash. What car wash I should go if this is an issue?

jpfive

Supporting Member
Oct 31, 2019
Pensacola, FL
My model y black started getting spots around the windows on both sides.

fortunately Tesla is fixing for free.

does anyone has the same issue? it’s being said it is due to car wash. What car wash I should go if this is an issue?
This happens to me also. At the car wash I use they have a liquid dash treatment. I asked them to use that on the window trim moldings. It has been effective. I am 74, have some heart issues, and will continue to use an automatic car wash. Replacing the moldings with new moldings that will continue to discolor is not a solution for me.

Pianewman

Oct 28, 2020
Fort Worth
Advanced Search is your friend. 10 pages of discussion that might help you ;) :

Reactions: ucsdsig

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC