Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y RWD need advice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,
So we took 2021 Model 3 for overnight test drive and absolutely loved it! Except it is the same size inside as our 2017 Civic Sedan.... barely fit in there, my 4 yo had no leg room me sitting in front of her (I'm 6.1) but overall it was great experience, those upgraded headlights are amazing! Anyways, brought back M3 and they offered us Model Y RWD standard range (before updates, old headlights, old console etc) Midnight silver metallic with white interior, no FSD for $39k, it is also demo car, so has 300 miles on it already... is it worth it?
LR M3 is 360 mile range vs MY 250?
What do you guys think?
IMG_2038.JPG
IMG_2037.JPG
IMG_2036.JPG
IMG_2035.JPG
IMG_2034.JPG

If you understand and can live with the limitations (range and slower charging; especially slower Supercharging) then the Standard Range Model Y would be able to accommodate your family driving needs. I would not be concerned about the 300 miles.

I'm liking the Y rear wheel drive standard range so far.
Daily commute is not very long so range not an issue. I can charge the car at home overnight and only need to charge a couple hours every 2 days.
2 Young kids 4 and 2 years old and everything / everyone fit in the car just fine.
Got a decent sized gov subsidy that i would not have gotten if i bought anything pricier than the standard range RWD.
So a week into it and pretty happy about the purchase!

If you plan to use the SR Model Y for trips of more than ~120 miles (one way) then spend some time with A Better Route Planner. ABRP can show you what your charging stops, total time charging would be on a longer trip.

It's $42k car with upgrades, so you are getting $3k off for 300 mile demo car. If you wanted those upgrades, then it can be a good deal if you don’t mind buying a car used for test drives. If you are okay with white exterior with black interior, you should consider a brand new Y SR for 1k more from remaining inventory.

If you plan to use the SR Model Y for trips of more than ~120 miles (one way) then spend some time with A Better Route Planner. ABRP can show you what your charging stops, total time charging would be on a longer trip.

I'll second this suggestion. The nice thing about these cars is how great they are on road trips, but the SR may limit that.

It will be fantastic for around town. If there are are enough superchargers where you are, then it would also be great for trips of 150-300 miles, IMO.

ABRP is a great way to get a realistic look.

Reactions: Watts_Up