Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y RWD now available. RWD+AWD now eligible for iZEV Rebate

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to bring some attention to this new change in the Model Y offering. Tesla Canada is now offering a RWD option with 394kms of advertised range and a 0-100km/h of 6.9s.

Both that new RWD variant and the LR AWD are now eligible for the federal iZEV incentive. The RWD option is only available with the 19” Gemini wheels, black interior and 5 seat option right now.

As of this writing, the prices are as follows (before incentive)
RWD = $59,990 CAD
AWD = $69,990 CAD

Cheers!

IMG_0556.png

I couldn't confirm as the weight between Europe (1909kg) and Canada( 2298kg). they probably update specs soon. But i'm not really surprise that Model Y RWD comes from China.
Wondering why would Tesla import the car to Canada ? Tesla have 2 plants in the US to produce and they want to cut manufacturing and import/export fees. Battery pack maybe. I guess will see soon enough with the VIN.

I own a 7+ year old Model S 70d I purchased brand new in Victoria, B.C. I also have a 2 month old RWD Model Y (Chinese built) in Croatia where I spend a lot of time. Zero options. All in all it is a better car than my early 2016 Model S, amazing value given it is closing in half the price of the 110k price tag of my 2016 Model S, at the time. The Y I had supercharging at 767 km/h the other day! Which is insane compared to my S.

The only thing I did is I got some different wheel covers off Alibaba, vastly improves the look of the vehicle imo and way better way to go than the 20''s.
If it wasn't for free supercharging and my Model S being bulletproof at 233,000 km with 9 months of warranty left I would be looking to upgrade in Canada as well.

Attachments

• 20230417_124128_resized (1).jpg
    20230417_124128_resized (1).jpg
    798.1 KB · Views: 184
Hello everyone. First post and glad to be here. I've been wanting a Tesla for years. Being a pickup truck guy, the Model 3 was a bit low for me and I need to pull trailers occasionally. The Model Y was simply too expensive and rode kind of hard back then too. I ordered a Chevy Bolt and waited several months for it. It never arrived.

This new for Canada MY RWD changes everything and checks all the boxes. It's specs are perfect for me in every way as is the price with incentive. I cancelled my Chevrolet and ordered the Tesla the day after it was announced.

I've studied this model extensively in Europe and Australia. Looks like it will be RWD, 60 KW LFP battery, 170 KW fast charging, comfort suspension, premium interior, 3500 lb towing. Range over there is rated at 455 kms. One expert squeezed 546 kms on a single charge. EPA rating is lower and means nothing. Will be built at Shanghai which is known for high quality. I ordered a Deep Blue Metallic with trailer package.

Tesla's new goal is to beat the upcoming competition. My order is proof they can do it and I thank them for finding a way to make my dream come true.

Hello everyone. First post and glad to be here. I've been wanting a Tesla for years. Being a pickup truck guy, the Model 3 was a bit low for me and I need to pull trailers occasionally. The Model Y was simply too expensive and rode kind of hard back then too. I ordered a Chevy Bolt and waited several months for it. It never arrived.

This new for Canada MY RWD changes everything and checks all the boxes. It's specs are perfect for me in every way as is the price with incentive. I cancelled my Chevrolet and ordered the Tesla the day after it was announced.

I've studied this model extensively in Europe and Australia. Looks like it will be RWD, 60 KW LFP battery, 170 KW fast charging, comfort suspension, premium interior, 3500 lb towing. Range over there is rated at 455 kms. One expert squeezed 546 kms on a single charge. EPA rating is lower and means nothing. Will be built at Shanghai which is known for high quality. I ordered a Deep Blue Metallic with trailer package.

Tesla's new goal is to beat the upcoming competition. My order is proof they can do it and I thank them for finding a way to make my dream come true.
The Canadian specs of the model Y RWD show it to be few hundred kg heavier and 250kw max charging speed capability:
Scroll down on the model Y page till you see specs and click rear wheel drive.

Also congrats on the purchase, eagerly waiting for mines as well

Last edited:
Judging from the stats, it would seem like this model Y contains an LFP battery pack, similar to what Europe gets... If someone could confirm, it might help some people.
Perhaps the section on battery charging limits confirm it is LFP as it specifies rwd vehicles vs awd:

Charging Routine​

• Maintain a regular, every-day charging routine using a low-voltage charger (i.e. Wall Connector at your home). Avoid allowing the battery to get too low in charge.
  • Only use DC Fast Charging (i.e. Supercharging) when necessary, such as during long road trips.
  • Charge the battery to the appropriate charge limit for your vehicle based on the installed battery. To adjust the charge limit for your vehicle, open the Charging screen on your touchscreen and then touch ‘Set Limit’ or open the Charging screen in your mobile app and drag the slider.
    • For Rear-Wheel Drive vehicles,
      If the image of the battery displays ‘50%’ and ‘100%’: Tesla recommends that you keep your charge limit to 100%, even for daily use, and that you also regularly charge your vehicle to 100%. If your vehicle has been parked for longer than a week, Tesla recommends driving your vehicle as you normally would and charge to 100% at your earliest convenience.

If the image of the Battery displays ‘Daily’ and ‘Trip’: keep the full charge limit of the battery to under 90% for daily use by using the mobile app or vehicle’s touchscreen to set charge limit within the ‘Daily’ range. If you need the full range (i.e. 100%) of your battery for a long-distance trip, you can increase the limit to the ‘Trip’ range (>90%) as necessary.
    • For All-Wheel Drive vehicles, keep the full charge limit of the battery to under 90% for daily use by using the mobile app or vehicle’s touchscreen to set charge limit within the ‘Daily’ range. If you need the full range (i.e. 100%) of your battery for a long-distance trip, you can increase the limit to the ‘Trip’ range (>90%) as necessary.

Attachments

• IMG_0913.jpeg
    IMG_0913.jpeg
    278 KB · Views: 155

394 km (EPA est.)

With the LFP in the winter (if the RWD is in fact with the LFP) cut the Km's easily in 1/2 and even less if towing.

Model Y Specs
Rear-Wheel Drive
  • Battery
    Standard Range
  • Acceleration
    6.9 s 0-100 km/h
  • Range
    394 km (EPA est.)
  • Drive
    Rear-Wheel Drive
  • Seating
    Up to 5