Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y screen Black Out while driving

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,
I'm new to this forum and wanted some help from the Tesla Motors Club community. I have a 2021 Model Y, Standard Range and the issue that I have for a few months now is sometimes when I'm driving the screen blacks out. I can still drive but the screen is completely black, then a few minutes later it reboots itself automatically. This problem is intermittent. I booked a service call a few months back and they thought it was fixed by replacing some cable. Now it's happen again, it black out a few times within a month (twice in one week) . Today I took the car in to the Service Center, and they said there's no hardware issues but it's a software issue that their engineers are working on a fix. Does anyone else have this issue? I have tried the soft reboot, the hard reboot with the brake pedal and turn the screen off as well, basically did all the reboot possible. If it is a software issue why does it take almost a year with no fix?.

Same issue here. Started with 2022.4.5.3 and happening daily. I tried everything. That black screen reboot seems like an eternity when driving at highway speeds. Let's hope the next software release resolves it.