Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y screen Black Out while driving

Hi All,
I'm new to this forum and wanted some help from the Tesla Motors Club community. I have a 2021 Model Y, Standard Range and the issue that I have for a few months now is sometimes when I'm driving the screen blacks out. I can still drive but the screen is completely black, then a few minutes later it reboots itself automatically. This problem is intermittent. I booked a service call a few months back and they thought it was fixed by replacing some cable. Now it's happen again, it black out a few times within a month (twice in one week) . Today I took the car in to the Service Center, and they said there's no hardware issues but it's a software issue that their engineers are working on a fix. Does anyone else have this issue? I have tried the soft reboot, the hard reboot with the brake pedal and turn the screen off as well, basically did all the reboot possible. If it is a software issue why does it take almost a year with no fix?.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC