Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Service Bulletins

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
See the attached Service Bulletins for the Model Y. Enjoy folks!

Attachments

• SB-20-40-003_Replace_Rear_Drive_Unit_Inverter_Model_Y.pdf
    76.6 KB · Views: 3,436
  • SB-20-10-001_Adjust_Overflush_Charge_Port_Door.pdf
    988.9 KB · Views: 1,658
  • SB-20-33-001_Inspect_Brake_Caliper_Bolts_R1.pdf
    347.9 KB · Views: 1,297
  • SB-20-32-007_Inspect_Upper_Steering_Column_Bolt.pdf
    239.6 KB · Views: 1,160
  • SB-20-17-006_Inspect_Hood_Latch_Actuator_Connector_For_Swapped_Wires.pdf
    945.6 KB · Views: 1,095
  • SB-20-10-003_Inspect_Front_Fascia_Injection_Date.pdf
    683.8 KB · Views: 1,086
  • SB-20-13-003_Replace_2nd_Row_Seat_Back_Panels.pdf
    469.2 KB · Views: 1,297
  • SB-20-16-004_Replace_High_Voltage_(HV)_Battery_Due_To_Internal_Loose_Fastener.pdf
    212.9 KB · Views: 1,479
  • SB-20-44-002_Inspect_Charge_Port_Busbar_Safety_Cap_And_Protective_Earth_Busbar.pdf
    643.7 KB · Views: 1,174
  • SB-19-20-003_Install_Occupant_Classification_System_OCS_Filter_Module_R1.pdf
    687 KB · Views: 1,522
since these are not recalls, does that mean the SC will only perform these on request? Some are big ticket items like the HV battery replacement and Rear invertor replacement. The car will be in service for a few weeks to even get these service bulletin items inspected!

since these are not recalls, does that mean the SC will only perform these on request? Some are big ticket items like the HV battery replacement and Rear invertor replacement. The car will be in service for a few weeks to even get these service bulletin items inspected!

Not sure with Tesla Service but my experience with VW was that if you mentioned a service bulletin that would help with getting the issue fixed quicker. There could be hundreds of these and a tech or service manager searching for a solution to a problem a customer brings in...sometimes they wouldn't even know about it until they found it in one of these bulletins.

Reactions: Watts_Up
Thanks for these - how did you find them and how do we keep up to date on them?

I got them from the Tesla service website, Welcome | Tesla Service .
Paid for the 1 hour subscription just to browse around and see what's there. These looked interesting so I figured I'd share them with our Model Y community.
As for the full service manual, unfortunately you can't download the whole thing, just a procedure at a time.

Awesome information. Nice to see they have SBs for issues. But crazy to see that some issues are like loose bolts in brakes or steering column?!?

Loose fasteners are a very common issue in manufacturing especially when humans are involved. All it takes is one day of work with a bad torque wrench and the operator just doing their job and you have a ton of parts out the door with a common issue. Recalls are there for safety critical issues, TSBs are there for issues that a manufacturer knows exist but are a non-critical safety issue and generally lower in volume. I wouldn't worry too much as every vehicle manufacturer has these issues.

My Ram 1500 just had a TSB come out for lose windshield wiper bolts, they checked and fixed them when I dropped it off for an oil change.

GM had injector covers that started on fire on the 3800 SII engine
Dodge had a diode fail in the alternator causing the battery to start on fire
Toyota had the run-away Prius

"Within Spec".. meet your enemy ($8):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KX118J8/

51gvo4wovaL._SL1001_.jpg

I got them from the Tesla service website, Welcome | Tesla Service .
Paid for the 1 hour subscription just to browse around and see what's there. These looked interesting so I figured I'd share them with our Model Y community.
As for the full service manual, unfortunately you can't download the whole thing, just a procedure at a time.

Thanks for sharing this info. Upon checking the site, it doesn't have any one-hour rate; the lowest price was 24-hr.

Reactions: NikolaACDC