Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Service Bulletins

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just had 3 PT sensors (heat pump) replaced as part of service request (UI_0006 error).

Attachments

• 7B461585-A030-431B-9A8A-A80D21470815.jpeg
    7B461585-A030-431B-9A8A-A80D21470815.jpeg
    231 KB · Views: 339
I wish everyone who has had this work done, or experienced the problem, would post their VIN#s. I know there is no sequence to VIN/production date, but at least we can get a crowd-determined time frame for these issues.
My MY does not have the greatest heat, sometimes it gets cold in the car, sometimes the heat works fine. I don't know if I should schedule a visit to my local service center, one I have no inclination to trust to fix the issue without either creating more issues or not doing the work in a timely manner.
Is there any way for Tesla to remote diagnose these issues?
VIN 480xx

Reactions: Arctic_White
I wish everyone who has had this work done, or experienced the problem, would post their VIN#s. I know there is no sequence to VIN/production date, but at least we can get a crowd-determined time frame for these issues.
My MY does not have the greatest heat, sometimes it gets cold in the car, sometimes the heat works fine. I don't know if I should schedule a visit to my local service center, one I have no inclination to trust to fix the issue without either creating more issues or not doing the work in a timely manner.
Is there any way for Tesla to remote diagnose these issues?
VIN 480xx
VIN 32XXX

You have to remember these cars are from California. I find that outside of winter, until 74 deg F the car (even our old Model 3) will blow coldish air. If you want to be warmer, go 74+ and then dial it back.

• Helpful
Reactions: Arctic_White
Data point:

A motorcycle broke the passenger mirror while lane splitting a couple of days ago. Made a service appt to have it replaced, and the estimate automatically included the replacement of the P/T sensors. My VIN is 35xxx. 2020 MY LR.

I‘ve never had any issues with cooling or heating, but I’ll take the upgraded parts just the same, haha!!

Took my 2021 MY LR into the Kitchener SC to have some trim work fixed and while I was there I ask if my vin 140,XXX was included in the sensor fix bulletin.
He looked it up in the system and said nope its not on the list.
We ordered the car March 3rd 2021 and received it on March 15th

Reactions: Mercedes fan
Took my 2021 MY LR into the Kitchener SC to have some trim work fixed and while I was there I ask if my vin 140,XXX was included in the sensor fix bulletin
He looked it up in the system and said nope its not on the list.
We ordered the car March 3rd 2021 and received it on March 15th
We picked up our March build on the 22nd of March with the same vin as yours. Our heat failed on the FIRST day we drove it. About froze on the 450 mile trip home with it. The following week they picked it up by flatbed, and trucked it 300 miles one way to have it fixed, and returned it 3 days later.

We picked up our March build on the 22nd of March with the same vin as yours. Our heat failed on the FIRST day we drove it. About froze on the 450 mile trip home with it. The following week they picked it up by flatbed, and trucked it 300 miles one way to have it fixed, and returned it 3 days later.
Had my Y 1 day cooling fan broke. Took to service next day . Frustrating I only got to drive less than 24hours. Part is on order no idea how long til they can fix it😡

Sorry to hear about this. I wouldn't worry about your car's cooling fan failure, hope it's a simple fix. It would be good to hear exactly what aspect of the fan "broke". It could be as simple as a connector, or a sensor, but NOT the fan. Keep us posted.

FYI: My VIN 88xxx MYLR A/C was working erratically, service discovered a loose connector behind the touchscreen. 6 weeks later, all's well, cools just fine in this 100f heat.

(Another FYI: I had my brand new 1987 Audi 4000S for one week: rad fan failed, sunroof failed, every single window switch failed. Failed electric switches in all of the above. Fixed under warranty, car ran to 190k miles, 16 years, second owner kept it to 240k miles.)

Sorry to hear about this. I wouldn't worry about your car's cooling fan failure, hope it's a simple fix. It would be good to hear exactly what aspect of the fan "broke". It could be as simple as a connector, or a sensor, but NOT the fan. Keep us posted.

FYI: My VIN 88xxx MYLR A/C was working erratically, service discovered a loose connector behind the touchscreen. 6 weeks later, all's well, cools just fine in this 100f heat.

(Another FYI: I had my brand new 1987 Audi 4000S for one week: rad fan failed, sunroof failed, every single window switch failed. Failed electric switches in all of the above. Fixed under warranty, car ran to 190k miles, 16 years, second owner kept it to 240k miles.)
A little worried as the service center never had an issue with a Y before. I’m going to ask these questions thanks.

There isn't a Tesla customer process for checking if your vehicle is affected by a service bulletin except by contacting the service department. Tesla service will apply any needed updates to your vehicle at the next service appointment. I.e. if your vehicle is not experiencing any HVAC issues, at the next service appointment Tesla may replace the pressure/temperature sensors in your vehicle depending on the VIN.

This is similar to the way other auto manufacturers handle engineering change notices. The dealership's service department is not required to apply an ECN change to the customer's vehicle unless the customer has experienced an issue that is addressed by the ECN for the vehicle. The dealer may be required to confirm the problem with the vehicle before applying the change.

Recall notices are handled under a different process. Recalls are either safety related or emissions related. For an EV you can bet that any recall will be safety related. Even then, manufacturers may not have to complete the necessary repairs quickly depending on the availability of needed parts. I.e., Takata air bags were used in millions of vehicles, were later recalled. In some cases it was years before the defective Takata air bags were replaced. Vehicles registered in states with high levels of humidity, coastal areas were made the priority for the Takata airbag replacement program.

• Helpful
Reactions: tdeno and MP3Mike