Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Service Questions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am dropping our Model Y for a service appointment to take care of some issues from delivery. Can someone please answer these Qs? It will be a touchless experience as per the text messages.

1. Should the registered owner be present for loaner car/uber credits? How does it work if someone else is dropping the car?
  2. Can we add an item to the list of issues while the car is with them? I am afraid to edit the existing one as it may cancel the current appointment.

They text you a link to apply the Uber credits. You then sign in with whatever Uber account you want to apply the credit to. The link is also in your service appointment portal in the Tesla app, which will open the Uber app on the same phone.

You can add photos and notes to a service request, but only during the preparation stage and before you drop off the car. I don't think you can add to the service request after you drop off the car. Not through the Tesla app anyway. You may be able to call the Service Center.

• Helpful
Reactions: kenadams
They text you a link to apply the Uber credits. You then sign in with whatever Uber account you want to apply the credit to. The link is also in your service appointment portal in the Tesla app, which will open the Uber app on the same phone.

You can add photos and notes to a service request, but only during the preparation stage and before you drop off the car. I don't think you can add to the service request after you drop off the car. Not through the Tesla app anyway. You may be able to call the Service Center.

Thanks! Can someone chime in on how it works for loaner?