Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y shipped without charging port

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cross posting from another thread...

Has anyone with a VIN assigned car on parts hold financed with DCU?

I have a check sitting on my desk and an open loan account with the bank.

DCU will need the title and insurance documents in few days for sure. Even if the check has not been cashed yet, what happens to the open loan account?
Not exactly the same because my bank wired the money but they will take money before delivery and shows credit on account. Bank funded about 10 days before I could take delivery because of parts hold.

MYLR arrived the 9th and got an email today that the charge port missing part that was back ordered arrived already. Pleasantly surprised. I was worried the wait could carry on for some time and would miss out on the lower interest rate we were approved for through Wells/Tesla financing. Pick up 5/15in Charlotte.
If you don't mind, when you get into it, check and see if CCS support is enabled. Last time there was a parts issue some shipped without it.

Reactions: Coolbreeze
Not sure if location is a factor but my M3P was delivered to Salt Lake City April 28th. Similar to many here, no charging port. I haven’t been able to get any info other than “we will call you when it’s ready”. They told me to cancel any insurance policy I purchased so that sounded pretty foreboding. Has anybody in my neck of the woods seen a delivery with this issue? If so, what was the time difference between shipment to delivery destination and actual delivery?

Thanks all

I am in the same boat. My MYLR5 arrived at the dealership on May 8th and they said they are awaiting a charging port connector. One of the Sales Associates told me on May 4th "we should be reaching out to you in a few days to schedule delivery" so I ended up accepting my 3rd party loan and already sold my car to carmax (got more that when trading in with tesla) and now when I ask them what is the status they say the same "We will call you when its ready, could be 30 days could be 60 days, we are at the mercy of the shipping due to supply shortage".

I am in the same boat. My MYLR5 arrived at the dealership on May 8th and they said they are awaiting a charging port connector. One of the Sales Associates told me on May 4th "we should be reaching out to you in a few days to schedule delivery" so I ended up accepting my 3rd party loan and already sold my car to carmax (got more that when trading in with tesla) and now when I ask them what is the status they say the same "We will call you when its ready, could be 30 days could be 60 days, we are at the mercy of the shipping due to supply shortage".
From my experience (almost 4 years owning a S & this Y ordering process) this is typical Tesla. It seems to me that if they have enough parts to make new cars then they have enough parts to send them in a timely fashion for the cars that are missing them. I bet they'd be a lot more motivated to get these parts out if this was then end of the quarter and they wanted to book these as sold. Who knows, maybe they already do book these as sold thus their lackadaisical approach to shipping these parts? What really annoys me is that a few days after receiving my VIN they moved my EDD up a week earlier only to shift it out a day at time for over a week and slap a parts hold on the car. Why move the EDD up at all? I have an appointment to pick the car up on the 22nd, but they've admitted that the parts aren't in and they don't know when they will be in. They are hoping the parts will be in by the 22nd like they hoped they'd be in last week. My loan was supposed to fund tomorrow and I'd planned to sell my car to AutoNation this week. I called my credit union and stopped the wire transfer and cancelled my appointment with AutoNation. I'll reinstate both once Tesla presents me with a vehicle and not just their hopes.

From my experience (almost 4 years owning a S & this Y ordering process) this is typical Tesla. It seems to me that if they have enough parts to make new cars then they have enough parts to send them in a timely fashion for the cars that are missing them. I bet they'd be a lot more motivated to get these parts out if this was then end of the quarter and they wanted to book these as sold. Who knows, maybe they already do book these as sold thus their lackadaisical approach to shipping these parts? What really annoys me is that a few days after receiving my VIN they moved my EDD up a week earlier only to shift it out a day at time for over a week and slap a parts hold on the car. Why move the EDD up at all? I have an appointment to pick the car up on the 22nd, but they've admitted that the parts aren't in and they don't know when they will be in. They are hoping the parts will be in by the 22nd like they hoped they'd be in last week. My loan was supposed to fund tomorrow and I'd planned to sell my car to AutoNation this week. I called my credit union and stopped the wire transfer and cancelled my appointment with AutoNation. I'll reinstate both once Tesla presents me with a vehicle and not just their hopes.
This is good to know that someone else is experiencing the same run around as me. You would think that someone would be able to track the parts on when exactly they will come in, someone somewhere who works for Tesla is tracking these parts. I hope that the parts arrive this week or next week then. If it starts approaching June then i'll have to cancel my loan and re-apply whenever the real delivery happens.

This is good to know that someone else is experiencing the same run around as me. You would think that someone would be able to track the parts on when exactly they will come in, someone somewhere who works for Tesla is tracking these parts. I hope that the parts arrive this week or next week then. If it starts approaching June then i'll have to cancel my loan and re-apply whenever the real delivery happens.
I thought I read from @jones they wanted payment while waiting, but I might have misunderstood. Rates keep going up... if you can pay a little early (within days of getting it), it might make more long term sense to not redo your loan. On the other hand, with payment secured, does Tesla become even more lackadaisical, if that's possible. Makes me think of this video (from the new tesla employee training?):

Yeah the rates are rising quick. I ended up having to finalize mine with a third party lender to get the rate I wanted. It was much lower than Tesla’s lender. But still no car and no update and the first car payment is looming. I told the lender what was going on and they still executed the loan.

In a separate update. My buddy who ordered his M3LR a month later than me got his delivered today WITH a charging port. No issues and no parts delay. So they figured out their supply chain issue for cars coming off the line right now. You would think they would have used those parts on cars sitting at delivery sites before putting them in new builds. I’m kind of at a loss at this point

Still no one got the charging port issue fixed ??? Hard part is there is no ETA ! Probably need to return the Cheque & close the auto loan and apply for new later 🫤
It baffles me that they are currently pumping out cars with charging ports (so the supply chain issue is resolved) and somehow this small lot of vehicles were the unlucky ones that didnt have them installed at Fremont, so they are running forward so fast that they dont have time to look behind them and we are left in the dust with no answer.

I got my VIN assigned on April 26th. The car was delivered to Tesla Tyco road on May 2nd. But the Tyco location people are still waiting for the Charge port ECU to be delivered to them. They don't know when the part will come, I was told that the parts would come on May 11th missed that, 16th Missed that and after that, I stopped trusting them lol. Also, they don't know anything as to when the parts will come. It surprises and bugs me that a $5 Amazon package has a delivery estimate and a tracking number but these guys with the world's biggest company BS don't have any idea. Does any of you guys know if we unmatch from our current VIN and ask them to assign a new VIN how long it takes for the VIN to get assigned?

Reactions: Silence88
I got my VIN assigned on April 26th. The car was delivered to Tesla Tyco road on May 2nd. But the Tyco location people are still waiting for the Charge port ECU to be delivered to them. They don't know when the part will come, I was told that the parts would come on May 11th missed that, 16th Missed that and after that, I stopped trusting them lol. Also, they don't know anything as to when the parts will come. It surprises and bugs me that a $5 Amazon package has a delivery estimate and a tracking number but these guys with the world's biggest company BS don't have any idea. Does any of you guys know if we unmatch from our current VIN and ask them to assign a new VIN how long it takes for the VIN to get assigned?
I was thinking of doing the same thing but that would most likely us out another 2-3 months is my guess farther back in the line, so its almost worth just waiting it out? I feel that this needs to be escalated to the management level now because the sales associates answering the phones can only see so much information and doesnt have the power to investigate things on their side.

Reactions: Silence88