Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y shipped without charging port

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The nightmare of waiting for my M3 SR+ has not ended just yet.

After calling Tesla customer support (almost everyday), they finally confirmed that the vehicle arrived in Miami on 13 May (18 days after receiving VIN on Apr 25). As guessed by me, the vehicle came with a 'charger port hold'. I was tentatively scheduled for delivery on 15 May, subject to timely installation of the charge port etc.

Quite expectedly, the installation didn't happen and I got a call from the delivery center that they have pushed out the delivery date by a week to 22 May tentatively. Supposedly, the missing charger port parts arrived on 14 May and they needed the extra week for installation and pre delivery checks etc.

I happened to pass by the delivery center last week and thought of speaking to an actual Tesla agent at the delivery location.

To my utter shock, I was told that the missing parts are still on back order and the 'Expected completion date' of the vehicle now is 03 Jun and delivery shall only be scheduled after that date (subject to availability of slots). The guy at the center told me to check again around 27 May as the date of 03 Jun may extend further if there was a delay in receiving the missing parts.

My delivery date in Tesla app then changed to 27 May.

I am at my wits end and still trying to figure out what to believe and what not to believe at this point. So much of information mismatch on a Sunday.......

Honestly.....'horrible' is an understatement to sum up my order experience with Tesla since Sep 2021.

I know there were issues with USB ports late last year but the vehicle charging port???!!! I ordered on June 13 2021 and finally got my VIN 2 weeks ago. Waiting on getting my delivery appointment set up and come to find out they are waiting on the port that charges the car! Tesla actually shipped the car without it. Why on earth would they do that??!!!
Me too. I sold my Model 3, am paying insurance on the Model Y and now the delivery date has been pushed back one day for the past 18 days. Super frustrating.

Reactions: NNM3 and canasion35

After calling Tesla customer support (almost everyday), they finally confirmed that the vehicle arrived in Miami on 13 May (18 days after receiving VIN on Apr 25). As guessed by me, the vehicle came with a 'charger port hold'. I was tentatively scheduled for delivery on 15 May, subject to timely installation of the charge port etc.

Quite expectedly, the installation didn't happen and I got a call from the delivery center that they have pushed out the delivery date by a week to 22 May tentatively. Supposedly, the missing charger port parts arrived on 14 May and they needed the extra week for installation and pre delivery checks etc.

I happened to pass by the delivery center last week and thought of speaking to an actual Tesla agent at the delivery location.

To my utter shock, I was told that the missing parts are still on back order and the 'Expected completion date' of the vehicle now is 03 Jun and delivery shall only be scheduled after that date (subject to availability of slots). The guy at the center told me to check again around 27 May as the date of 03 Jun may extend further if there was a delay in receiving the missing parts.

I am at my wits end and still trying to figure out what to believe and what not to believe at this point. So much of information mismatch on a Sunday.......

Honestly.....'horrible' is an understatement to sum up my order experience with Tesla since Sep 2021.
I feel for you and understand your feelings. I will just say HOLD ON. I believe what you are feeling now will fade away once u r in your Tesla. Right now my wife has 360 miles on her mid sized SUV. 360 fun and exciting miles and with that she has 240 miles in the tank (pardon) and has spent 9.50 cents to date to run our Tesla. If it was any other ICE mid sized SUV I would say we would have spent 60 to 70 dollars to achieve those miles. I feel for truck owners that get 12/18 MPG and have to fill up 35 gallon tanks

Reactions: DerbyCityY

I’m with you…just called WPB and they said it won’t be until May 28th until they get the parts. Been waiting since the 5th on this all illusive “part” that is on all the cars showing up today at the SC and being delivered to folks….

Reactions: Teleezen
So, it looks like Tesla has made good on the 5/22 date delivery they gave me. Unfortunately, when I requested a status update this past Thursday to see if I should have my credit union release the loan funds I was told we still don’t have the parts, don’t know when they are coming in, and we’ll let you know when they do. The next notice I received were an automated text & voicemail this morning asking me to confirm my pickup tomorrow. The credit union is closed, so no funds and no pickup. I’ve rescheduled for Tuesday and hopefully this goat rodeo of a purchase will then come to an end.

Reactions: NNM3
So, it looks like Tesla has made good on the 5/22 date delivery they gave me. Unfortunately, when I requested a status update this past Thursday to see if I should have my credit union release the loan funds I was told we still don’t have the parts, don’t know when they are coming in, and we’ll let you know when they do. The next notice I received were an automated text & voicemail this morning asking me to confirm my pickup tomorrow. The credit union is closed, so no funds and no pickup. I’ve rescheduled for Tuesday and hopefully this goat rodeo of a purchase will then come to an end.
Tough. You have a lot to look forward too though. Hope it goes well Tuesday.

Reactions: Silence88
Update on my end. Got a text today to schedule my pickup in Salt Lake City for Tuesday May 24. Coincidentally, my wife test drove a MYLR today. I asked the SA to see my car while I was there (secretly hoping she would just tell me take it home since I was already there) and she said “oh I wasn’t told those parts had come in”.

Guess I’ll report back on Tuesday whether I pick up or not.

Nice.. Do you mean your Service Center got the parts, Tuesday is your pickup? its a good sign, which region in east coast you are ?
some light at the end of the tunnel :)

Nice.. Do you mean your Service Center got the parts, Tuesday is your pickup? its a good sign, which region in east coast you are ?
some light at the end of the tunnel :)
Yes, I've been told by multiple sources that the parts are in, installed, and that the vehicle is ready. I'm picking up at the Rockville, Maryland delivery center tomorrow. I hope that the area all got parts so more people can pick up. I know that there was a least one or two on this forum waiting to pick up at the nearby Tyson location.

Yes, I've been told by multiple sources that the parts are in, installed, and that the vehicle is ready. I'm picking up at the Rockville, Maryland delivery center tomorrow. I hope that the area all got parts so more people can pick up. I know that there was a least one or two on this forum waiting to pick up at the nearby Tyson location.
This is exciting! Happy for you!

I’m not sure which location I’m supposed to pick up from, I’m smack in the middle of the two but Tysons is much easier to get to. I assume they will tell me whenever I get the text to schedule…? Hopefully.

This is exciting! Happy for you!

I’m not sure which location I’m supposed to pick up from, I’m smack in the middle of the two but Tysons is much easier to get to. I assume they will tell me whenever I get the text to schedule…? Hopefully.
Thank you! My appointment process wasn't standard, but they will let you know by communication or App. My App shows that I'm scheduled to pickup at Rockville. I remember selecting Rockville some time ago, but I don't remember what stage of the process that occurred at.

This is great news and give us on the east coast some hope. Do you know what part it was exactly? The charging port ECU? Charging port connector?

Thank you! My appointment process wasn't standard, but they will let you know by communication or App. My App shows that I'm scheduled to pickup at Rockville. I remember selecting Rockville some time ago, but I don't remember what stage of the process that occurred at.
If I recall that long ago, I am pretty sure I selected my Delivery Center as step one of filling out my Profile. I know its not by distance as there is another Tesla DC .1 miles closer then the one I selected.

I’m also waiting to pick up my LRM3 from Rockville. Have been waiting nearly a month with the delivery window getting pushed one day each day. I’ve called customer service at least weekly and they’ve told me they’re awaiting the charge port part. I’m already paying interest on my auto loan, so not thrilled about the wait. Any tips to get it sooner (e.g. going by the service center in person)?

I’m also waiting to pick up my LRM3 from Rockville. Have been waiting nearly a month with the delivery window getting pushed one day each day. I’ve called customer service at least weekly and they’ve told me they’re awaiting the charge port part. I’m already paying interest on my auto loan, so not thrilled about the wait. Any tips to get it sooner (e.g. going by the service center in person)?
I wish I did. I have no idea why my vehicle is ready now ahead of people who have been waiting longer. When I sent a text on Thursday they told me no parts and no idea when they will be in. Next thing I know I'm getting texts and voicemail on Saturday morning to pick up my car on Sunday. While most of what I've read has been centered on the charge port I think that maybe some of us are waiting on different parts for the charge port? I've seen the ECU, some kind of clip, and a plastic cover mentioned. I called, but never managed to speak with anyone local on the phone. On the text thread I asked speak to a manger and was contacted by a customer experience manager from Bethesda. This situation makes no sense and Tesla needs to communicate better. Good luck and I hope it is resolved soon.

Reactions: Geemoney713
I wish I did. I have no idea why my vehicle is ready now ahead of people who have been waiting longer. When I sent a text on Thursday they told me no parts and no idea when they will be in. Next thing I know I'm getting texts and voicemail on Saturday morning to pick up my car on Sunday. While most of what I've read has been centered on the charge port I think that maybe some of us are waiting on different parts for the charge port? I've seen the ECU, some kind of clip, and a plastic cover mentioned. I called, but never managed to speak with anyone local on the phone. On the text thread I asked speak to a manger and was contacted by a customer experience manager from Bethesda. This situation makes no sense and Tesla needs to communicate better. Good luck and I hope it is resolved soon.
Oh absolutely I agree with you that the communication level from Tesla needs to go up big time.

Reading across different forums; it is quite evident that we all are missing the charge port ECU. It is Tesla customer support habit to hide facts from the customer and they give out a vague part name (based off caller's level of inquisitiveness).

Agreed that the situation could change between a day or two (as it changed with your car), but what pisses me off is the golden silence from Tesla about this entire situation.

I am sure that with all their technological advancement, the least they can do is to give us a confirmed date for the delivery of the vehicle (upon getting a confirmed delivery date from the vendor and adding reasonable shipping time).

All of us here would have been a bit comfortable if we had some news for the delivery dates or progress status on the parts/retrofit, rather than being left out in the open (as our cars sitting out under the sun without the damn part).