Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y shipped without charging port

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Tesla sales associate just reached out and said that the Orlando location is expecting to receive the charging port ECU parts this weekend. Still do hard set delivery date though. I guess they somehow now have tracking and eyesight on the parts now? Either way, looks like parts are arriving in across the country to the service centers. Hang in there everyone who has their car in a holding lot for the past month!
They always have tracking on parts. If you have ever done service with Tesla at an SC, Tesla automatically emails you about pending parts status regularly and reschedules if the parts the SC ordered for your service don't arrive on time. The sticking point is that unless it is on a truck to the SC already (which means a max of a week away, as like example above), the ETA given can change at any time. Given the handwringing by so many people here where a month delay is "unacceptable," it would be a very bad idea for SAs to give out delivery dates based on those ETAs. People have been burned up thread when that had been done and the delivery date is pushed back.

Unless you guys pressure the SAs they (SAs and Tesla) don’t give two shits about customers.

All said buying a Tesla is the worst experience I’ve had in my life. Never regretted something like this before, I decided to sell mine for a 6K profit and get a BMW IX. Good luck Tesla folks.

Reactions: afscotch
So service centers will take techs away from repairs to play assembly line catchup.

Everything for profits, pleasing the Board and investors. Xxxx the suckers who wait six
months for a car.

I have pretty much made up my mind that each one of my Teslas will continue to be a
used one, and I am talking about post-WW3 normalized pricing structure, like in 2015 when I
could get a 98k MS for 75k six months later with 4000mi on the clock.

Reactions: whodeewuhdee
Tesla should stop assigning VINs if the car is not good/ready for delivery.
Anything that happens in transit is understandable and its rare, but here they know that when assigning the VIN from factory that it can't be delivered!!
Tesla could have handled it better..
useless inaccurate Estimated Delivery dates, issues even after assigning VIN...etc all leads to unhappy experience of buying a Tesla.
Day will come where more priority is given to Customer's satisfaction.
Hope the Tesla Service Center will be capable of servicing these many future vehicles..
Going to be a nightmare for the Tesla owners If there is an issue!

Tesla should stop assigning VINs if the car is not good/ready for delivery.
Anything that happens in transit is understandable and its rare, but here they know that when assigning the VIN from factory that it can't be delivered!!
Tesla could have handled it better..
useless inaccurate Estimated Delivery dates, issues even after assigning VIN...etc all leads to unhappy experience of buying a Tesla.
Day will come where more priority is given to Customer's satisfaction.
Hope the Tesla Service Center will be capable of servicing these many future vehicles..
Going to be a nightmare for the Tesla owners If there is an issue!
You truly believe this will ever come to be?? If they were going to ever be true, it should be now with all the variables in play... the environment to care about your customers is now, when things aren't going smoothly.

Reactions: RVA03
The charging port ECU shortage is finally coming to an end! I accepted my Model Y yesterday after not having a final delivery date for a month. The vehicle is incredible. Hang in there to all who are still in this rut.
Finally all these waiting comes to an End..
Congrats..
Try testing all kinds of charging and make sure its all good with CCS adapter support is "enabled" :)

Finally all these waiting comes to an End..
Congrats..
Try testing all kinds of charging and make sure its all good with CCS adapter support is "enabled" :)
Thanks, this is a great point. I dont have a CCS adapter yet but the software says that CCS Adapter Support is Enabled. The mobile charger bag did come with a J1772 adapter, so I could try that out at the very least.

Reactions: RVA03