Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y shipped without charging port

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was thinking of doing the same thing but that would most likely us out another 2-3 months is my guess farther back in the line, so its almost worth just waiting it out? I feel that this needs to be escalated to the management level now because the sales associates answering the phones can only see so much information and doesnt have the power to investigate things on their side.
Trust me I made 15 calls to Tesla but they will never escalate this to management because the management also knows that their process is messed up. So they just want to keep quiet and let the customers suffer a little because everybody knows that EVs are needed to offset the current gas prices.

Trust me I made 15 calls to Tesla but they will never escalate this to management because the management also knows that their process is messed up. So they just want to keep quiet and let the customers suffer a little because everybody knows that EVs are needed to offset the current gas prices.
yeah it got to the point to where the SA was like "I will just put a tentative date for your delivery and it could go beyond that or be earlier". Basically she just made my app show "delivery on May 31st at 1pm" to just keep me quiet and trick me into thinking that will actually be the date I pick up my car.

yeah it got to the point to where the SA was like "I will just put a tentative date for your delivery and it could go beyond that or be earlier". Basically she just made my app show "delivery on May 31st at 1pm" to just keep me quiet and trick me into thinking that will actually be the date I pick up my car.
Same-ish. A SA slapped a 5/22 12 PM delivery on my account. I asked him if that was a firm delivery date and he said yes, but it could change by a few days either way... I incorrectly assumed that he must have had some actionable knowledge to even offer that date. An email from a manager later disabused me of that notion. They have ZERO idea when the parts are coming and the SA just pulled that date out of thin air HOPING parts would be in by then.

Same-ish. A SA slapped a 5/22 12 PM delivery on my account. I asked him if that was a firm delivery date and he said yes, but it could change by a few days either way... I incorrectly assumed that he must have had some actionable knowledge to even offer that date. An email from a manager later disabused me of that notion. They have ZERO idea when the parts are coming and the SA just pulled that date out of thin air HOPING parts would be in by then.
Wild that it has come to the point to where Tesla SA's are playing psychological mind tricks with us instead of actually trying to help us get an answer. I hope that the parts come in by end of next week but part of me feels that we might be the forgotten ones and the parts might not ever come in until its 2 months later and we are raising hell because our car has just been sitting in their holding lot for months. Lets hope its the first scenario...

Reactions: Silence88
Wild that it has come to the point to where Tesla SA's are playing psychological mind tricks with us instead of actually trying to help us get an answer. I hope that the parts come in by end of next week but part of me feels that we might be the forgotten ones and the parts might not ever come in until its 2 months later and we are raising hell because our car has just been sitting in their holding lot for months. Lets hope its the first scenario...
I just talked to a friend who works on EVs he thinks that if the cars are sitting in the parking lot in the heat without using them, the battery life will go bad and he is suggesting that I should request a change of VIN. I also feel that these customers are forgotten and they don't really care about the condition of the car when they deliver it.

I just talked to a friend who works on EVs he thinks that if the cars are sitting in the parking lot in the heat without using them, the battery life will go bad and he is suggesting that I should request a change of VIN. I also feel that these customers are forgotten and they don't really care about the condition of the car when they deliver it.
Idk about what he means at they will "go bad", I would agree its not healthy for the battery long term to always die each time. The battery dying all depends on if they hard powered off the car before they let it sit (not likely) or if they just locked it and walked away because the car is always on and doing what it needs to do to maintain vehicle health while its sitting, like running any cooling systems as needed. They lose 1% a day since they are always powered on so it all depends on how much battery life it has when it came off the truck. Before you decline the VIN I would at least suggest you contact Tesla and ask them about your concern.
If you do decline your VIN definitely let us know how it goes and when your new EDD ends up being!

Last edited:
Reactions: Silence88
I'm not particularly concerned about this and won't reject a VIN over it. If the battery does not yield the range it should when new I'll (try to) bring it up as a warranty issue. I'm very hesitant to reject a VIN unless there is some glaring issue that is clearly Tesla's fault. I'm not sure they'll give me another one. I know if I request a hold they'll cancel my order, so I'll be very careful about rejecting VINs too. My app still shows pickup for May 22nd, but I've received no word that the parts hold has been lifted yet.

Reactions: whodeewuhdee
Tesla has a worst process in place...
First of all why do they assign the VIN to a customer if it has missing parts or not ready for delivery???
seems the newly build vehicles doesn't have this issue and folks who were behind the queue are getting the car.
This is not fair!!! Tesla has to fix this process.. Tesla is not handling the problems/issues correctly.
Don't know how Tesla going to manage the future hedge customer base with this less service center :(

Tesla has a worst process in place...
First of all why do they assign the VIN to a customer if it has missing parts or not ready for delivery???
seems the newly build vehicles doesn't have this issue and folks who were behind the queue are getting the car.
This is not fair!!! Tesla has to fix this process.. Tesla is not handling the problems/issues correctly.
Don't know how Tesla going to manage the future hedge customer base with this less service center :(
That's how it's always done, the VIN is assigned as the car rolls off the factory. The car may fail delivery inspection when it arrives at the delivery center, in which case you get assigned a new VIN (usually with higher priority). They have to do it this way to account for delivery times from the factory, given not everyone is lucky enough to be near the factory. And given people are getting their cars delivered all over the country, it certainly is possible for someone later in the queue (even with same configuration) to get the car sooner than someone earlier in the queue (even without this part supply issue). It's simply not practical to come up with a system that ensures everyone's actual delivery is always in order even across the country.

The original idea of shipping cars to delivery points first and install parts later is to save the shipping time as you wait for parts in parallel. Even if a new VIN was assigned from factory, the car waiting for parts may still be ready faster once you account for the shipping times.

I know there were issues with USB ports late last year but the vehicle charging port???!!! I ordered on June 13 2021 and finally got my VIN 2 weeks ago. Waiting on getting my delivery appointment set up and come to find out they are waiting on the port that charges the car! Tesla actually shipped the car without it. Why on earth would they do that??!!!
Any update on yours? Mine has been a month sitting with no part. Paying the first loan payment was particularly infuriating.