TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model Y - Should I cancel and reorder?

Discussion in 'Model Y: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by Demerol, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Demerol

Demerol Member

I preordered a Model Y in July 2019. Price $67,000. Specs:

As your delivery date approaches, we'll update you on next steps.
    Car Price
    $67,000

Your Design
    • Model Y
    • Long Range All-Wheel Drive Performance
    • Pearl White Paint
    • Performance Upgrade
    • 20’’ Performance Wheels
    • Performance Brakes
    • Carbon Fiber Spoiler
    • Performance Pedals
    • Black and White Premium Interior
    • Five Seat Interior
    • Autopilot
    I went through the ordering process for a Model Y today and the Autopilot is included. I did not select the FSD (no offense, but I don't have much confidence in this being actuated any time soon). The price for my same selection is now $62,000. I'll lose my "spot in line" but if I save $5000, why not???

Any reason I shouldn't cancel and reorder?

Thanks in advance!
    Demerol

2. David L

David L Member

If I remember correctly, you don't have to cancel and reorder. You can simply go into the order in your account and modify it (or at least that's the way it was several months ago).

• Like x 1
  3. jimmym1981

jimmym1981 Member

You should be able to login to your account on Tesla’s website, click manage on your vehicle and then edit the configuration. It will tell you the new price and you click Finish. I do not believe you lose any place in line but then again not 100% sure. You can call Tesla to confirm if you want.

4. mswlogo

mswlogo Well-Known Member

With Tesla, I'd rather be last in line than first.

No brainer. But like folks said, don't cancel because then you have to cough up anther down payment while you wait for refund on first.

Just tweak the order. And if you have exactly what you already want, just tweak it back.

Doubt you'll be lucky enough to be bumped to the of the line ;)

• Like x 1
  5. Watts_Up

Watts_Up Active Member

I'am in a similar situation.

I pre-ordered in May 2019 a Model Y LR AWD White/Black 19" FSD.

The cost was $59,500 and now it's $56,500

Unless you want to change the configuration I would not cancel or edit.

I think the delivery cost will be the actual cost.

When I ordered my Model 3 LR AWD, the AWD option decreased by $1,000 by the time I got the car, and the price was adjusted.

6. JohnCooper

JohnCooper Member

I did this back in August since my price had gone down $4k due to a couple of things. I tried changing to 20" wheels and saving. The web site said the price was less but it did not register on my order. I tried again the night after and the same result. So I started a Chat session and explained what I wanted. The lady said yes I could definitely do that and it would not affect my place in line at this stage. She tried it and confirmed that the new price did not take. After switching to email and sending her a couple of screen shots of my order she promised to look into it and get back to me. The next day when I checked my order it had gone down from $63k to $59k. Excellent!
    So it is possible and Tesla should help you do it if the web site refuses. But I expect that now the FSD will be $1k more if you make any changes. So it would not be worth down grading wheels or color as your FSD would go up by a similar amount. Good luck.

7. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Well-Known Member

I'd suggest waiting until the car gets closer. I think that there are a few updates that they'll need to do to the configs to match the production and will have to "right-size" the ordering process.
    Also, as happened with the Model 3, not all configs may be available to begin with. That's when they gave folks the opportunity to order what they wanted, knowing when it was going to be produced.

• Like x 1