Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Sideskirts + Mud flaps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good timing, I was thinking about this recently too. Based on everything I see identified as an application for MY, it looks like the front mud flaps would be a no-go. Since the rear is separated from the side skirt (back end of rear tire) this should be fine but might not look great.

Which set are you looking at?

Good timing, I was thinking about this recently too. Based on everything I see identified as an application for MY, it looks like the front mud flaps would be a no-go. Since the rear is separated from the side skirt (back end of rear tire) this should be fine but might not look great.

Which set are you looking at?
I was looking at rpmtesla's side skirts. I was thinking the same too, with the front mud flaps installed, the side skirts might not fit. I'm hoping someone out there has a mud flap/side skirt combo that is molded together.

I just happen to be able to answer. Front flaps do need to be removed. I kept the rear flaps. I did do a trip to Southern Oregon and my rear door panels did get abused from sand/de-icier on the road (even with ppf).Regardless, happy with the look. These are from RPM.
94BD8AB6-45C6-4ECF-BFE7-A808DF29EB85.jpeg48633B4D-378F-4FD3-A017-F04C8E99CC86.jpeg2F924381-E26F-4C7E-A78D-E72D7B384100.jpeg

Last edited:
Hey Hawk, yeah thought of your car earlier...I also asked another member but have you/can you lift your car witht the pucks no issue with those skirts on?

Both the height from ground make me think if yes, still not much room for a jack and then how far the skirt goes back in towards the holes/jack points.

I just happen to be able to answer. Front flaps do need to be removed. I kept the rear flaps. I did do a trip to Southern Oregon and my rear door panels did get abused from sand/de-icier on the road (even with ppf).Regardless, happy with the look. These are from RPM.
View attachment 761537View attachment 761538View attachment 761539
Well I guess for now I'm going to have to stick with the mud flaps until someone makes a mudflap/sideskirt combo. Thank you so much for sharing pics!

This is the exact setup I was hoping to see. Not sure if this user is on the forums but if you are and happen to see this post, which side skirts and mud flaps did you end up going with?
View attachment 763784
I will be curious to know the set up as well. I took some pictures of the front Basenor flaps to show why they don’t work with the RPM side skirt. The front flap needs to be flat and not wrap under the body as these do. After I add the Eibach springs, I will be back in the mud flap market. I am looking for anyone who may have come across these As I do think flaps are needed. My backs got pretty knocked on a recent trip in the snow.
489160D9-46BA-45D8-819C-1171E2D8B66B.jpegC72AE976-9E8B-41FC-BC46-3CBA154B39E7.jpeg

This is the exact setup I was hoping to see. Not sure if this user is on the forums but if you are and happen to see this post, which side skirts and mud flaps did you end up going with?
View attachment 763784
On closer inspection, the skirt might be this two piece variant, similar to the one found here (or might be the same one?):
https://evaca.ca/products/model-y-side-skirt-kit-4-pcs

Screen Shot 2022-02-04 at 1.34.49 PM.png

When zoomed in, the area I circled looks to be the seam where the two pieces join. Not sure though, could also just be a JPG artifact. I personally want a single piece skirt like the one from RPM.

Reactions: Moosecowman
I dug around and found this thread...I am guessing these are the mudflaps used by "denslamodely" to achieve the mudflap + side skirt look...
You might be right. Looked at Rally Armor and they do sit flush. Trying to decide if I can live with the logos (although I found some with blue script) showing and the cheapest I have seen them is $162.50. I have a different set (much less expensive)arriving tomorrow and will give them a shot. If not, Rally Armor it is. The front just kicks up way too much and the back ppf cant protect it all. Just added Eibach springs with Blox 18mm spacers. Should look almost identical to this set up. Will send pictures out once installed and cleaned up.

I dug around and found this thread...I am guessing these are the mudflaps used by "denslamodely" to achieve the mudflap + side skirt look...

Maybe the front mud flaps are the OE ones from Tesla….

IMG_4928.jpg.jpg

Maybe the front mud flaps are the OE ones from Tesla….

View attachment 765191

These might actually be the ones he's using...too bad tesla only sells the front. I'm leaning towards the really armor with the red text myself.

Reactions: iQueue
On closer inspection, the skirt might be this two piece variant, similar to the one found here (or might be the same one?):
https://evaca.ca/products/model-y-side-skirt-kit-4-pcs

View attachment 764899

When zoomed in, the area I circled looks to be the seam where the two pieces join. Not sure though, could also just be a JPG artifact. I personally want a single piece skirt like the one from RPM.
I just noticed RPM sells a two piece as well as their cf one piece ( I have the one piece). You might be right. I have one set of flaps arriving today and I bit the bullet and ordered the Rally Armor as well. I’ll have pictures out once installed.

Reactions: iQueue
I just noticed RPM sells a two piece as well as their cf one piece ( I have the one piece). You might be right. I have one set of flaps arriving today and I bit the bullet and ordered the Rally Armor as well. I’ll have pictures out once installed.
I should have realized they might have the two piece as well, but only as hydro carbon. Looks good though, but I'm sure the quality in the one piece real carbon fiber you have can't be beat.