Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y sighting in Squaw Valley

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

gg_got_a_tesla

Model S: VIN 65513, Model 3: VIN 1913
Jan 29, 2010
Redwood Shores, CA
(Don’t we have a “Random Model Y sightings” thread?)

VIN 656 with MFG plates, at the Squaw Valley charging stations in Tahoe. I mistook it for an X first and didn’t pay attention until a passerby and his young son pointed out that it was a Y. My S completed the whole family.

EDF6183B-7FF4-4E9C-A6BB-27349C5C8E15.jpeg
A236628B-1852-4B1F-8FB4-61AD4D9918B7.jpeg
B19E7C8E-8317-4297-B0E4-A97EF566C31E.jpeg
EAA65BF1-1136-4AB1-9374-DEC168D2128B.jpeg
9319F2C5-A026-41A0-ACE9-8CD31971A9AC.jpeg
01FF582E-8860-4B15-BD56-5D39C2E0D8FF.jpeg

i have a box of stuff i've been ordering for my Y. ceramic coating is in it already, along with the SSD for 'sentry mode'.
I have a things on the wishlist but I'm going to wait until Tesla contacts me in preparation for delivery. It could be 5-7+ months for my LR AWD. I have a feeling some allocation will be sent to Canada so they can take advantage of rebates that will expire in April. The window is pretty tight, though, so I think a lot of Canadians are going to miss the deadline.

I have a things on the wishlist but I'm going to wait until Tesla contacts me in preparation for delivery. It could be 5-7+ months for my LR AWD. I have a feeling some allocation will be sent to Canada so they can take advantage of rebates that will expire in April. The window is pretty tight, though, so I think a lot of Canadians are going to miss the deadline.
yes i've seen all the posts about canada, and everything else. i think you might be in the right ballpark. from all i've been reading nobody really knows but some things make more sense than others. mostly i'm hoping they continue their recent trend of under-promising and over-delivering.

i can always use the ceramic on my classic beemer (1994 840i). and a portable SSD will never be without something to do in my house LOL. other things i want, like seat covers and wraps for logos, puddle lights, etc, i'm waiting on because there could be slight differences.

Interesting. That doesn’t appeal to me, especially given the low angle of the glass - it seems dust would easily settle on it when parked. So throw some water before a long drive?

I’ll have time to think about it until it becomes available in Europe :/
Rear wipers are actually more necessary (possibly required?) on close to vertical rear glass, because it's more prone to accumulating road grime and the airflow detaches before the glass so can't clear it. On the Model Y (or a sedan) you have less problem with rear glass debris because the airflow remains attached over the glass.

Rear wipers are actually more necessary (possibly required?) on close to vertical rear glass, because it's more prone to accumulating road grime and the airflow detaches before the glass so can't clear it. On the Model Y (or a sedan) you have less problem with rear glass debris because the airflow remains attached over the glass.

Hmm, interesting, thanks! So driving in rain/etc. is mostly taken care of. I still wonder how dust settles on it when parked though, but I guess it's just something I'm not used to. In any case, the rear windshield wiper on my current car (Subaru) is relatively small and clears a narrow part of the glass - I often wonder wheter it's better not to use it, at least I'd have a wider viewport :)

Thanks for the explanation!

(Don’t we have a “Random Model Y sightings” thread?)

VIN 656 with MFG plates, at the Squaw Valley charging stations in Tahoe. I mistook it for an X first and didn’t pay attention until a passerby and his young son pointed out that it was a Y. My S completed the whole family.
One of my first accessory will certainly be to install some Mud Flaps.

b19e7c8e-8317-4297-b0e4-a97ef566c31e-jpeg.512330

Interesting. That doesn’t appeal to me, especially given the low angle of the glass - it seems dust would easily settle on it when parked. So throw some water before a long drive?

I’ll have time to think about it until it becomes available in Europe :/
Clean the rear window while refueling, or when you're at home. I usually carry glass cleaner and a microfiber towel in my trunk.

• Helpful
Reactions: iustin