TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model Y sighting today in Anderson Valley CA

Discussion in 'Model Y' started by phibetakitten, Jan 5, 2020.

1. phibetakitten

phibetakitten Mozart lover/dachshund stalker

Driving from the 1 in Mendocino over to the 101 today through Anderson Valley in our new M3, we spotted this guy ahead of us and got to observe for about 30 minutes.

MY_AndersonValley.jpeg MY_AndersonValley2.jpeg

• Like x 8
  2. floydturbo

floydturbo Member

I was not paying attention to Tesla when the model 3 was announced and prior to its production release. Were there model 3's driving around like the Y prior to release and if so, when was the the model 3 released versus sightings?

3. mtndrew1

mtndrew1 Active Member

There were early Model 3 sightings leading up go the release but the build quality was very funky on those cars.

The Ys spotted almost look like they could be delivered to paying customers. The prototype 3s had panel gaps you could get your fingers into.

4. mgraff

mgraff Member

The more shots I see of this car, the more excited I get. I know some folks don't like the look of the rear end, but I've got no issues with it.

• Like x 1
  5. SpGator

SpGator Member

I hope those wheels are one of the options, I really like those.

6. VQTRVA

VQTRVA Member

Best part of the Y is the rear quarter view like pic1...which includes that rear end.

7. LowlyOilBurner

Yep, looks really good. I just installed my wall connector the other night. Where’s my MY???! I’m anxious!

• Funny x 1
  8. canbonbon

canbonbon Member

So if I am reading this right, you installed a wall connector before actually getting an EV? Nice.

• Like x 2
  9. LowlyOilBurner

Correct. Placed my MY order in September 2019. I’m I doing doing something wrong? Lol

• Funny x 1
  10. charliestyr

charliestyr EVangelist

Wow that car does look good compared to the early Model 3 test cars! The Model 3 design has morphed into a CUV (or whatever acronym) very nicely indeed.

11. Ghanziang

Ghanziang Member

Definitely nothing wrong. I ordered mine at the same time, and my wall connector came in stock so I ordered it. (the all black one). They said it may take 6 weeks to arrive. So I was being cautious. Of course, since I don't even have a car yet, it showed up in 3 days.

12. Fred42

Fred42 Member

Much better than the X.

• Like x 1