Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y software download

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This software versions seems to be rolling out VERY slowly. Makes me think it is a fairly significant change to something and Tesla is being extra cautious. Maybe disabling Radar on older Y’s and going to Tesla Vision? Not sure I am ready to be a beta tester on this one just yet. My Y has not received this update.

Reactions: DougC20
Shoot, I don't have 2021.24.4 yet and 2021.24.5 came out two days ago.... I am still on 2021.4.21.3 and it sucks :(

Really strange thing here. Looking at TeslaFi, it doesn't list that I ever used 2021.4.18.10 But I DID download and use that software update. It was excellent. How can TeslaFi have missed that I did that update?

Later,

Keith

Last edited:
Shoot, I don't have 2021.24.4 yet and 2021.24.5 came out two days ago.... I am still on 2021.4.21.3 and it sucks :(

Really strange thing here. Looking at TeslaFi, it doesn't list that I ever used 2021.4.18.10 But I DID download and use that software update. It was excellent. How can TeslaFi have missed that I did that update?

Later,

Keith
That’s not a bad thing…. Could mean that there were some issues found on 2021.24.4 that 2021.24.5 has been released to address. With Tesla’s releases you are not supposed to get every intermediate release (it’s not like an iPhone). There are many releases that will go out to a smaller testing group (Advanced update schedule) that will be revised several times before they are ready for the fleet as a whole. Once the release is deemed stable it will be released to the wider fleet (Standard update schedule).

BTW, I don’t actually see 2021.24.5 anywhere, I do see 2021.32.5, but that’s a newer feature release.

Last edited:
Looks like I'm still on 2021.3.106. I just got my MYLR 7 seater all-vision a couple of weeks ago. Updates are set to advanced. When I go through my update history, it looks like 2021.3.106 is listed above 2021.4.18.1 and 2021.4.12 and it make me think that it was updated to 2021.3.106 after those other two-- is that possible?

Who does Tesla get feedback from on updates that suck? I have been told on this forum that the "Bug Report" system is a placebo to keep people from going Postal... but I still used it on one drive where I suffered through an entire commute doing a bug report for each and every phantom brake event. I would love to find out that they actually DO look at bug reports from drivers, I would like to get information on how they determine if an update was "good" or not if they are ignoring bug reports.

Keith

Ah yes.. the good ‘ol “where my update” debate.. as most of the TMC veterans will attest, there is no way to get your updates any quicker than the next guy - whether you have “advanced” selected or not. I’ve had lulls where I was stuck on a particular version for a month or so longer than my friend’s car. Then I would get them almost in the first batch of rollouts (according to TeslaFi).
It’s worth noting that I’ve had several referrals in the past 3 months and have had to complain and be a pain in order to get them. Then I had a mobile service visit for a tire rotation and the guy never showed up! I’ve also had parts ordered from the Tesla online store “get lost in transit”. Needless to say, the customer service department knows me really well. I actually got a call back from a supervisor from corporate after a very strongly worded email. I requested that I get “bumped up” in the software dispatching. Not sure if it’s just a placebo or not, but since that phone call I have been getting my updates the same day that TeslaFi reports that new update is out. Weird.

Looks like I'm still on 2021.3.106. I just got my MYLR 7 seater all-vision a couple of weeks ago. Updates are set to advanced. When I go through my update history, it looks like 2021.3.106 is listed above 2021.4.18.1 and 2021.4.12 and it make me think that it was updated to 2021.3.106 after those other two-- is that possible?
I got my car few weeks back and it has the same version

Reactions: herkitothehawk
If you scroll down the software screen, there’s an option to look at “release notes.” That has the info you’re looking for, at least in my car.
On my screen it lists all the available versions and their changes, not just the versions that I have loaded. It's accurate for a list of the changes, but not for a list of versions that have been pushed to the car. It's kind of a 2 part question.
#1 what has changed since I took delivery?
#2 what version of software have been downloaded.

I am also on a similar build, 2021.3.104. My understanding from the revision history is that the 2021.3.10x releases are actually newer than some of the 2021.4 releases like the ones you mentioned. It is just a theory, but I suspect the 2021.3 and 2021.4 lines are being maintained separately and in parallel development. The reason for this may be that some cars have different components/chips requiring special software/firmware (i.e., the .3 line)

All just conjecture based on bits of reading here and there, but I hope Tesla is able to merge our cars from the 2.21.3 branch to the 2021.4 branch eventually, which seems to be the main development line. Otherwise they would need to maintain two separate branches which makes development more difficult. It is possible that hardware differences may mean that those of us with the .3 cars will never get the latest feature updates if it just becomes too costly to maintain separate software load lines. If this happens there will be some really unhappy owners for sure. So I assume they will try to avoid this.

Just got mine
It helps if you force the car to check for the update. Simply open menu and scroll to the software update area, make sure it's on advanced. If it says software update as of the day as well as the time then there's no update

It said that for me yesterday. I decided to check today and when I did, the update came.