Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Software Update 2021.36

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
65ED0F2B-A847-4C88-BB12-164F29236C3E.png

Per Tesla service. The sound issue is a known bug.

That’s what I just got prompted for and I came here to check feedback lol.. what’s the info on this update - ok to install?
Yes, ok to install. You can read the release notes here: 2020.24.6.5 Official Tesla Release Notes - Software Updates

Release 2021.36.5.5 enables setting scheduled charging and scheduled departure using the latest Tesla phone app (version 4.1.0). Also, enables setting the maximum charging amperage from the Tesla app.

Reactions: GeekyDoc
  • Informative
Reactions: jcanoe
Yes, ok to install. You can read the release notes here: 2020.24.6.5 Official Tesla Release Notes - Software Updates

Release 2021.36.5.5 enables setting scheduled charging and scheduled departure using the latest Tesla phone app (version 4.1.0). Also, enables setting the maximum charging amperage from the Tesla app.
Just to be clear, those are the release notes for 2021.36.5, not specifically the x.x.x.1 through x.x.x.5 releases which followed it.
2021.36.5 had the exact same text in the release notes.

We don't actually know what 2021.36.5.5 changed as compared to 2021.36.5, as that information isn't publicly released. But since 2021.36.5 broke a few things, presumably the extra point releases are bug fixes.

That’s what I just got prompted for and I came here to check feedback lol.. what’s the info on this update - ok to install?
Yes, you should be good to go! So far so good for me. Sound seems to be working properly again.

Are we supposed to have different daily scheduled departure selections with this update? Or live view from Sentry cam? I am doubting it as mine has neither.

Reactions: GeekyDoc
How do you get to the Live Sentry in the app???? never mind -- found it.
If you have a little trouble accessing the rear camera -- the flash lights icon is covering the dot that shows the rear camera -- so instead tap on the rear part of the car just above the 'flash' icon. Doors need to be locked, sentry mode active and nobody in the car. You also have to go into the security settings on the car and allow sentry mode cameras to be accessed remotely (or something to that effect.)